OAN Services / another phone scam via at&t

1 IL, United States Review updated:

AT&T has decided to partner up with OAN Services, which runs a scam operation. I was getting billed about $13 per month for 5 months. When I called to inquire, the rude person on the phone, who called himself Andrew, claimed I had signed up for their services via the internet. I informed him I had not, and he gave me a name of someone who allegedly signed up for the service, using my home phone number. This was not my name, nor that of anyone I know. He said their "verification" process involves asking the person to verify they are over 18, and verify they are authorized to make order the service. That is, they basically ask the person if they are committing fraud, and, if they say no, that is good enough for OAN. I know there are plenty of scam artists out there, but why does AT&T seem to gladly hook up with them?

St

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Jul, 2008

My mom is 88 and lives in wisconsin. she called me about a charge oan placed on her bill. she had contacted att and they said she should call oan. oan played "confuse the person until they give up", but finally agreed to "refund" the charge. it would take 2 billing cycles! I called at&t... if you refuse to pay the charge, at&t will help!! they somehow separate the bogus charge and are sending mom a form which will stop all future charges by any other "company"!!! if you have at&t... call them... get the form... stop this ripoff theft!