NYCHA / nycha

1 635 East 12th Street 9bnyc, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 212-388-1280

My complaint is about nycha I had my door kicked or hit with something while I was sleeping on 1/11/07 and housing is charging me for the door $629. I called the police and made a report and had to call the fdny because the door was jammed and I was locked inside and they came and opened the door but, the door was destroyed. Now nycha wants me to pay for the door but it wasn't my fault and I live on a fix income which is public assistance and can't afford to pay. I reported this incident when it happened and gave my housing assistance copies of the police complaint but she insists that I pay and it keeps coming on my rent statement. The police told me I wouldn't be responsible because it was vandalism and it wasn't me but, she continues to charge me. Please help me. I dont know who did this.

Comments

• Ze
      28th of May, 2008

I want to comlain about something else. NYCHA never pick up the phone when I try to reach them. I call during the day for every five minutes from 10 AM to 6 PM. I dont beleaf that they are so busy, OR they have only one operator that cant serve everyone. I have alot of questions to ask, but I cant reach them!

• Be
      11th of May, 2010

HELLO ilive at the bronx marble hill houses and i have a problem with rain water comeing threw the bottom of my walls and windows of my apartment there so much water ihave pools that collect deep walltowall .i plan my life around the next big rain storm so ican be ready to stay up all nigth mopping buckets of water. ive lost many furniture clothing ect, management knows about me but they don, t care i really don, t want to push my luck and lose my apartment in dealing with nycha they are very good at makeing threats. Iam a well documented disable person.this is the only place i can afford to live. this is looming problem at the marblehill houses but there trying to keepmatters quite.

• Co
      19th of Jan, 2011

i've lived in murphy/sebco house for more then nine years, every winter my con-ed is more then my rent at times $5???.00 . the heat and hot water go from time to time. I wish something could be done bleed the lines, put heater, put the oven, seal the windows, what else is there to do???? The come and say we can't do anything!!! At times my son has to sleep with his coat!!! what to do!!???????