NYCHA / nycha
My complaint is about nycha I had my door kicked or hit with something while I was sleeping on 1/11/07 and housing is charging me for the door $629. I called the police and made a report and had to call the fdny because the door was jammed and I was locked inside and they came and opened the door but, the door was destroyed. Now nycha wants me to pay for the door but it wasn't my fault and I live on a fix income which is public assistance and can't afford to pay. I reported this incident when it happened and gave my housing assistance copies of the police complaint but she insists that I pay and it keeps coming on my rent statement. The police told me I wouldn't be responsible because it was vandalism and it wasn't me but, she continues to charge me. Please help me. I dont know who did this.
More NYCHA Complaints & Reviews
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - repair problems 
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - rude and unprofessional workers 
- NYCHA - Section 8 - non-answering of phones 
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - broken refrigerator 
- NYCHA Drew Hamilton Houses - excessive garbage 
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - repairs: no light on my floor.
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - on nycha waiting list since 11/23/2012 case never even reviewed
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - neighbor, smoking
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - nyc housing
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - plaster and paint