Ohio Unemployment Logo

Ohio Unemployment

Having problems with Ohio Unemployment?

Ohio Unemployment reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 2, 2009. The latest review Pua unemployment was posted on Jun 6, 2021. The latest complaint disrespect was resolved on Mar 21, 2013. Ohio Unemployment has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 46 reviews. Ohio Unemployment has resolved 4 complaints.

Ohio Unemployment Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 644 6562 (Customer Service)
+1 614 466 2319 (Employer Help Desk)
4200 E. 5th Avenue
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ohio Unemployment Customer Service. Initial Ohio Unemployment complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ohio Unemployment above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ohio Unemployment. Discuss the issues you have had with Ohio Unemployment and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ohio Unemployment Complaints & Reviews

Ohio UnemploymentPua unemployment

I qualified for benefits and its been 14 weeks since i got a payment.. I was asked for documents which i provided numerous times and i got eligible redetermined at the begining of may and still no payments. Ive called several times only to get different answers from every worker and no one can seem to tell me why i am not getting benefits that have already been awarded to me. Im counting on this money to pay my bills and my landlord is tired of waiting on me and is threatening me with eviction as soon as the memo is up at the end of june or July. Also there are two pending issues on my pua that is for employment verification and fraud questioneer and ive submitted all my documents more than once and its unbelievable that no one cares enough at jfs to help the ones who truely need it. I wonder if the people who are filing fraudulent claims are having as much trouble getting help as people whom actually worked and earned it. Its a injustice in the worst way

• Ro
      Robert Skelding Jun 12, 2021

I also have has to go through this try calling [protected] it's the fruad line hit 1 and tell them to transfer you. Call 8am sharp. It's one way to get cleared up. Hope this helps you.

Ohio Unemploymentweekly claim processing

I have been calling the unemployment office since April 13, 2021. I had made a small mistake on one of my weekly claims which delayed the processing. I called in several times to fix the error and kept getting hung up on and transferred to another department. I finally was told that it was a quick fix that one of the agents could have fixed. I put in an appeal and never received any other messages. I kept calling and got nothing. Finally after 2 months of calling I finally was able to speak to someone from the processing center whose name was Tom and he told me he was releasing the payment and I would have it the next day. I called in the next day only to be told that it was impossible for me to get it because there was a fraud block on the account and I had everyone who I had been speaking with seen it but didn't say anything.

I am on the verge of being evicted. They are so disrespectful and unprofessional. I have been told they do not document notes. And they put you on hold without telling you because they want you to hang up. Or they just hang up on you. I cannot believe how this has been handled. And there are so many others who have it alot worse. It makes you think that they are doing this on purpose. My next step is a federal complaint.

my email is [protected]@yahoo.com

Ohio Unemploymentpua unemployment

I filed for pua unemployment in nov 2020. I sent in everything that was asked more then once. My payment has been in pending since nov and when I call they say all my papers are there and for me to just wait it out. Its now may 2021 and ive still not gotten any of my payments. Ive done lost my car and my home and im fixing to lose my kids also because I have no way of taking care of them.. I need help from anybody that can get my payments going. I dont want to lose my kids and I cant just keep waiting its been long enough. They have already said that all the stuff is there and verified so I dont understand why im not getting my payments.. Please help me im running out of time

May 30, 2021

Ohio Unemployment — Unemployment let me slip through the cracks after numerous attempts

On July 14 2020 I was fired from my job of 14+ years as my constitutional rights and freedom of speech were...

Ohio UnemploymentUnemployment Compensation Appeal

My separation from Fifth Third Bank occurred on 11/2/20. Due to negotiating a separation agreement, I filed for unemployment once I signed the separation agreement in December 2020. I received a lump sum severance payment on 12/24/21.
        In January, after receiving payment of $2, 220.00, I received notification that my claim was denied and that I was not entitled to benefits due to "Non-Fraud" reasons. It was a Monetarily Disallowed notice dated 1/21/21. The determination stated that I did not provide necessary information so my claim was denied. Additionally, I started receiving requests to repay the $2, 220.00.
        The confirmation of my appeal is dated 2/5/21. I have called numerous times to find out what the next steps are and if my claim will be processed. Each time I call, I get different reasons on why my claim has not been processed. initially, I was told that Fifth Third stated that I returned to work in January. I have not returned to work.
        On the next call, I was told that the severance payout was not reported by me. I did not report it the week i received it since it was not for work nor retirement funds. However, the fact that i was going to get severance was noted on my original application. As directed, I emailed a copy of my final paystub and my separation agreement to the bureau as directed on the same day.
        my last call on April 30, I was told that this claim decision would be escalated. The employee stated that the hang up could be due to Fifth Third allocation of the severance payout.
        During each call I was told to be patient since they were so busy processing claims. I have been patient but I feel six months is long enough and I do have bills to be paid.
        Every time I call, I get a different excuse on why my claim has not been processed. Can your office help me get my unemployment claim processed so I can at least pay my property tax bill which will be coming due in the next month or two? I need help and I feel like I am in limbo until this is settled. I have continued to apply for jobs to no avail.

Ohio UnemploymentI have not received my benefits and I am unable to speak to anyone. My claim is being overlook .

I have not received my benefits thus far. I have not been able to speak to anyone that could help me with my claim. The representatives that answers the phone are unable or do not have a clue as to what is going on with my claim. None of the representatives are allowed to connect me to a mangers, supervisors or departments. The conversations are being disconnected after being on hold for an hour or more. I have been told that "I am calling to much and it is not going to make anyone look at my claim faster."
          It has been three months now and I have not received my befits. I have submitted my documents that was requested several times and still I have not received my benefits. Thank you for allowing me to voice my concerns.

Ohio UnemploymentShared Work Ohio for PEUC claim

I was furloughed from my job in April, 2020 until December 31, 2020 due to the pandemic, and returned to work Jan 1, 2021 at a 50% reduction. I elected to participate in the Shared Work Ohio program through my employer and was approved on January 31, 2021. I have yet to receive any benefit from this program. I was told that I qualify however because I exhausted my initial weeks of unemployment the ODJFS system was not set up to pay claims like this yet. The person I was speaking with in February via email said the system was being updated and this would be complete "in March." In April, I inquired again and was told the system update still wasnt complete and there was no new timeline. It is now May and no one at Shared Work even answers my emails now. My hours were reduced by 50% and my income by almost 65%
            And it is ridiculous this has not been figured out by now. Please help! Mary Ellen Gibson [protected]@zoho.com [protected]

Ohio UnemploymentOhio unemployment application

I had to refile my application on 03/28/21 due to being laid off from my job. I have submitted all the documentation requested, job searches, and information from my employer and my application is still pending. At this time I can not pay my rent, my utilities, or my phone bill. I have a degenerative lung disease and can not afford my medication. Who can I contact to help with getting me approved? I have called the Ohio office of unemployment every day for the past 2 wks. but get no satisfaction. I am desparate for someone to help me.
              Mary Carolyn Burnette
              [protected]@gmail.com

Ohio UnemploymentWeb site for unemployment

Requested a lot of imformation and I dont feel save faxing it. Tried to send it in pdf file a number of times it keeps saying problem with the server or some crap. Dont understand why they need copies of birth certificate drivers license two photo ids and pay stub. Mothers maiden name and list goes on and the employs at the ohio unemployment will have paper copies if faxed this is nuts when the company I work for put the dates in and wont stop fraud.

Apr 15, 2021

Ohio Unemployment — Payment sent to someone else

For some unexplainable reason after a year of receiving unemployment to the same bank and with the same email...

Ohio UnemploymentPerson in PUA

I spoke with Filmon, on 04/07/2021 at 9:00 AM, who was intentionally being daft and was not listening to what I was telling him. I explained my situation and that I needed assistance. He then ignored everything I said and proceeded to ask me questions that I just explained to him. He then tried telling me that my CLOSED claim with regular unemployment needed to be closed. I kept telling him it was closed and to please explain to me what he was talking about. He could NOT articulate this and hung up on me.

Ohio UnemploymentPUA unemployment for self employed

I have been on unemployment due to Covid and my business not getting any work. Everything was all good until about 4 weeks ago. You asked for proof of business, and I provided that several weeks ago. I called twice and the first time we resolved any issues. The lady that helped said there was no more issues and she clearly saw the things I sent in you asked for. I am out of money and this hold on my account isn't being resolved. This is uncalled for. I don't have any other means of paying my bills than my unemployment right now. I asked about the extra $100 we were told we would get about a month ago, and right after that, you froze my account. I feel this has to do with that. I need my unemployment! Please help. PS. I've wrote many times asking for help, and called twice.

Ohio UnemploymentOhios Unemployment

I initially filed my first claim on October 20, 2020 for 2 weeks off due to Covid quarantined w no pay, then again on Dec 20 2020 for 2 weeks quarantined w no pay, the on Feb 10, 2021 for my job being terminated. All were denied on Feb 16, 2021. I filed an appeal and decision was reversed on March 8 2021 by the redetermination unit. Now I have 9 claims with a status of pay held. I have called unemployment, sent several letters and emails, all with no response. I am going on three months without a paycheck. facing eviction and yet another license suspension after just getting them reinstated after 13 years, because I can not afford to pay my insurance. I can not get any answers so I have no idea when I will start receiving unemployment, I have 9 pay helds, 10 on Monday. including the one from Oct 2020 and Jan 2021! How is a person supposed to even survive? Isn't unemployment supposed to be assistance for hard times? By the time I ever receive it, I'll have lost everything I have worked so hard to get! I just need help but I am not receiving any, thanks Ohio. Claimant ID 611219

Ohio UnemploymentPandemic Unemployment Assistane

As a single mother and dealing with a job loss due to Covid 19 I qualified for PUA in ohio. However, countless times the benfits I qualified for from the beginning are withheld why the agency deals with computer issues or software updates. However when this happens that means The benifits I depend on go unissued until they can fix there issues. How can this be ok let alone legal . Im contacting legal aid and the news and doing what i can to expose these illegals actions. Since March 2020 The agency has continued to use the software and computer issues excuse over and over and there are families suffering because of it . How can you stop my families life line like this ??? we are dealing with a deadly pandemic job loss busness closings schools closing and the life line they qualify for is cut off and Like Myself your left waiting and begging for them to fix the issue to get your funds paid again. if the agency wasnt preparred to process and handle the Job then they should of let others that could, This ive been told and gathered crucial info and am pressing a law suist for violations from my rights my families as well as holding pandemic funds we applied for we was awarded the agency needs to give the funds in lump sum if they dont have the proper tools and software to pay people weekly they are pulling claims for Fraud and leaving innocent families with no money like myself Im battlng a major health issue lost my home and car already due to the pandemic and my job and now the home i was lucky to get into after being homeless i now am behind again because my pua unemplpoyment isnt paid on time or paid at all for weeks and months. this isnt right or fair and the government ignores the pleas of the people my last payment was Feb 282021 its 3/29/2021 how can they do this this is food money hygiene funds housing and just stopped you cant call cause they have put a recording due to high call volume. This is wrong in every way and they sit on the relief funds while families who already lost everything lose and suffer even more .

• Mi
                            Mike Page Apr 06, 2021

I have been dealing with unemployment now since the beginning of the pandemic and I can't believe how incompetent the Ohio unemployment agency is. Now they are trying to mask their incompetence by providing inaccurate data to callers. I need to talk to someone about a redetermination of a decision. Twice I called the number provided and was told via a recording that the average wait time was 20 or so minutes. After about 20 minutes, someone did answer but they were from a different agent pool who could not resolve or deal with the any redetermination issues. The agent said that they redirect redetermination calls to them when the queue get too long. So technically my call was answered in the average time quoted, but they knew the agent receiving the call could not answer my question. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Mar 19, 2021

Ohio Unemployment — Pandemic unemployment assistance

My claimant ID number is [protected]. My name is lee a.Sharkey, jr I was receiving Pandemic Unemployment...

Ohio Unemployment5 weeks back pay owed from February 6, 2021

My original claim year expired 1/30/21. I was told to file a new claim, this was filed on 1/31/21. I continued to file my weekly claim but was not receiving payment. The new claim was denied. I have been calling daily for 2 wks and was told the new claim was denied but now those weeks would be moved to my old claim and be paid out because I qualified for the extension. On Monday I received payment for the following weeks ending 1/30 and 3/13. The other weeks that are owed have not been paid, each representative says that the processing center has to transfer the unpaid weeks to the old claim. The concern has been escalated by the call center 2x, I spoke with the processing center last week and was told it was taken care of, but that hasn't happened. I am hoping you can help me as I don't know what else to do.

Kind regards,
                          Pam Crombie

Ohio UnemploymentPUA Claimant ID- [protected]

My account has been stuck in pending status for 3 months for "fraud". I submitted all the needed info requested and have wasted DOZENS of hours on the phone trying to get someone to help and no one has been able to help. I am nearing eviction status with my landlord and can't wait any longer. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Joe Abate
                            [protected]@yahoo.com

Ohio Unemploymentproduct

I have been cut off from my benefits on February 7, 2021 with no explanation and now I'm locked out of the system which i was just sent an email stating i need to respond to a correspondence in a timely manner and the worker refuse to help me out to gain access. I am almost a month behind on my bills and at rick of getting a repossession, utilities cut off and I haven't been able to get food since the lack of funds. I am asking for someone to help me out with this because i can't get any help with the ODJFS department but instead getting attitude because they have to do their job.

Ohio UnemploymentRedetermination of appeal has not happened. Has been 6 months

Filed an unemployment claim for being furloughed in May/2020 due to pandemic, for 77 hours. They denied me stating my employer states that I have continuously worked since 3/17/20. The employee of ohio unemployment did not read further as it states I was furloughed for 77 hours in May. I appealed on 6/23/20 and got confirmation it was received. Have called, emailed, and faxed. Still no answer after 6 months. Caroline N. Broshious DOB 08/16/1973 [protected]@gmail.com

Nov 02, 2020

Ohio Unemployment — I filed with ui 04/06/2020. Spoken to 10 to 15 representatives, have not received a dime.

To the point, need denial of benefits letter. Filed appeals on 07/16/20 & 09/03/20. Given number for...