New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA)broken refrigerator

M

My refrigerator has been out of order since sunday july 9, 2006. I called the work ticket number [protected]. I filed the complaint on monday july 7, 2006 the maintenace worker came by and told me the freezer had too much ice and to defrost it for 24 hours by leaving the freezer door open.

I had to take all of my meat to my neighbor and leave my milk, eggs etc in the frigerator. The maitenance worker said that the food in the frigerator would be ok as long as I left the door open. I have a five year old daughter. How can you keep a child from milk and things like that but I did it and waited the 24 hours. Unfortunately the refrigerator still didnt work.

On july 11, 2006 I called the work ticket center back which is suppose to be an emergency. I was told that someone would be there the next morining between 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. It is now 2:07 pm and no one has showed I called the work ticket program and they stated that I had to now wait 24 hours before someone will come out. It is a hot and humid day I cannot give my daughter cold water, ice or anything else.

My name is michelle

I live in public housing. My address is jewel ave, flushing ny. The work ticket number is 0257sss, it was called in on 7/11/06 at 4:47 pm. Is there someone or agency you can refer me too? I know if I go another day like this all the food I have left will go bad. Can you help?

• Updated by Melissa718 · Jan 26, 2017

I need my apartment fixed and nycha ain't doing a thing about it. At all.

• Updated by Fgeorge5d · Apr 17, 2018

Meldew smell building up in which I have to sleep in this, very nerve wrecking and tireless efforts with NYCHA. But they want my $1, 200 per month, for this!
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP...

Comments

• Updated by Fgeorge5d · Apr 17, 2018

You can even see the waters drip stain coming in from outside and paint peeling, bubbling caking white substants forming on wall. Why do I have to live like this, nobody should while paying their rent in full all the time. SMDH

Comments

• Updated by JessicaPppp · Sep 18, 2018

I Jessica reside pay rent on time and don't even be in my apartment do to my son's condition and he receives services else where where I'm trying to relocate . I sought out a transfer request and I'm thinking it's been processed and it's been sitting in Fredreich Samuels desk for 2 nearly 2months. This is ridiculous. First took them 5 months just so I can get a copy of my lease. I'm asking for help where I can go whom I can speak too the traveling everyday just so he can received his education and visit his therapists his mental health is hassle everyday.

• El
    Elijah burns Nov 17, 2019

Hi my name is Elijah Burns I LIVE IN Clinton houses today is very cold out side it is 33 degrees now tonight it's going down to 19 degrees we need some heat this is my third time puting tickets in they cut on the heat then turn it off i go thru this every year with them they always having us frezzin when its really cold we dont have no heat

• Sh
    Shelia Evans Jul 27, 2019

Why am i allowed to live in housing not on lease but wont give me an apartment. I lived in nycha 12years not on lease paying lease owner 350 a month. Not reported. Once i was forced out i made a complaint. Even mailed keys to management. And nothing happened to lease owner. So we all now know u can make money off of your NYCHA APartment

• Je
    Jennice M Santiago Feb 11, 2019

My name Jennice M. Santiago I work for Baruch Houses [protected] I know Torres was stealing equipements from housing for years. Along with Eddie Quetell from Grant Houses and his wife. This is nothing new and housing never ever did anything about this until now. So please all the complaint been file for years. Give me a break Housing.

Marie82 Nov 19, 2018

They fix my refrigerator for about two weeks I have been calling

• Na
    Nakia22 Nov 15, 2018

My worker ms scott is not doing her job properly there were some papers that needed to be fax to sc since yesterday for my son stating he doesn't no longer lives with me & ms willoughby still haven't received the paper work what can I do

• Me
    Melissa718 Nov 12, 2018

Nycha housing people aint doing anything to repair my apartment.my walls in my living room is damaged. My ceilings in the bathroom, living room and bedroom is damaged and needs plastering. And also a paint job in my apartment and they haven't done a thing for 3months already and its not fair at all.

Ann51 Nov 05, 2018

Residents are still smoking cigarettes and marijuana both inside apartments and outside in front of buildings.

• Im
    Imani Purvey Oct 31, 2018

Apartment broken into and electronics stolen called 911 but was treated rudely and refused to give police report. building unsafe since them complained about it but nothing has been done about it.In need of police report for emergency transfer.

• Da
    Dave Brasuell Oct 28, 2018

The NYCHA tenant associate of jacob riis has done nothing for the community. e haven't even had a meeting this year. As of June 30th, I will be out of the tenant association if nothing improves

Ana AYALA Oct 22, 2018

Currently live in bronxwood avenue apartments the building has never been cleaned for years Garbage is always being thrown from the window no one curbs there dog grass has never been cut. This is an ongoing situation which I feel needs to be addressed asap before the health department gets involved

• Je
    JessicaPppp Oct 16, 2018

Its been 2 months since i put in my transfer request this whole time I thought it was put in and its been sitting on their desk. Same thing with my lease. Took 4 months just to received. I really need this transfer cause of my son condition and their delaying the process even more

• Fg
    Fgeorge5d Aug 21, 2018

When it's rain the water that collects on roof comes into my bedroom through the walls and under the tiles. Floor tiles are cracked and has holes. Window pain has a hole, where small creatures (bugs) seep out from outside. Paint peeling and bubbling from access water build up. This has been going on for 3 years and main office knows the situation.

Marie82 Dec 27, 2015

I live in St Nicholas Housing with 2 little children we have been living with a nonworking refrigerator for now two weeks. I called the 718 number on Friday December 18th, nobody showed up until tuesday december 22nd I found a piece of paper saying that maintenance came. I was so made because someone was inside the appt and no one heard when the worker knocked at the door. I lost a lot of food. Those people are a bunch of liars they don't respect the tenants. I'm paying almost $1600 for the appt and I can't get service. Still today December 27th I'm living with no refrigerator, I call them every other day and they give an emergency for within 24hours, they still don't show up until now.

Salvadora Vasquez Jul 15, 2011

My mother is 87yrs old her refrigerator stop working the night of the 5th of july 2011, I have made several complaints to her housing asistance I call 311, call the borough office who then told me it would send the complaint order to the superintendent office. Today at 11:00 I went to the management office to speak to the housing manager who is alway out, on vacation, out to lunch she never available, but I did get to speak to the klien the superintendent who told me that maybe he will send someone today. 10 days without a refrigerator WOW thank you NYC housing authority! And still nothing :)! I hope they will be this patient when they receive late rent!

• Bl
    BLVDresident Dec 10, 2010

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but housing will never fix or replace a stove, refrigerator, or any appliance they need to. After my apt was infested with mice, I got rid of the mice but needed a new stove because the mice had dropped feces and bore holes in the stove. So after a month of going back and forth with NYCHA, I sacrificed and bought my own stove. For my own piece of mind. They had the nerve to tell me to clean it out with soap. Sometimes you can get a fridge for $300 bucks, and that just might be what you would have to do. So now every time a maintenance worker comes to fix something they look at my oven and fridge and ask me where they came from, and I am like I bought them. They seem to think that just because you live in NYCHA that you are poor, broke, and uneducated. I happened to not want to pay $1600 rent, when I can live somewhere for a 1/4 of that price.

• Pa
    Paula Jackson1 May 31, 2010

My name is Paula yesterday 05/30/10 appox @ 1:00 p.m. I called the call center to report that my refrigerator was working ticket # [protected] now mind
    you yesterday was 0ver 80 degrees. I was told a 24 hr ticket would be put in for repair. I called back later to
    double check and I was well what about my food the resposnse was don't you have a cooler. Today 0531/10
    @ appox 7:00 a.m. I started calling the call center no help at I constently kept calling since today is a holiday
    and some workers go home early. All I got was no assistance, was to that they sent some to my mangement
    office which they are closed today, and if they where open
    thats a lost cause too I live in South Jamaica Houses and
    mangement is awful. It is now 8:50 p.m. no one has came to fix my refridgeator and I had to to throw more food out I receive ssi and I'm on a budget but do think that nycha cares that I had to throw my food out hell no.
    But if no one shows up here tommorrow to fix my refridgerator mark my words if I have try to contact the
    mayor myself I will because I am totally pissed off its bad
    enough when you put in a ticket they give a date several
    months away some appts are for the next year. That's not acceptable they want their rent money so why can't the tenants get repairs done when needed.

Maritza Mercado Jul 06, 2009

My mother is elderly and her refridgerator has been broken since june 30th. and a maintenance worker came by to tell her that he would be back before 4:pm that day and never showed up!!! who is going to pay for all the food that was destroyed since then???????
    this is inhumane that the elderly have to put up with inexperienced workers, and moreover inexperienced housing workers.
    what if it were their mothers ????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Di
    DIANA Jan 11, 2009

THIS IS DIANA AGAIN NEED TO CHANGE THE DATE FRIDGE BROKE JAN.4, 2009 TO BE EXACT

• Di
    DIANA Jan 11, 2009

MY NAME IS DIANA AND I HAVE NO REFRIGERATOR SINCE JAN.11, 2009 HOUSING HAS COME IN TO LOOK AT THE FRIDGE THEY SAID IT'S DEAD SO I CALLED MY MANAGER AND OF COURSE SHE TOLD ME "GET ON LINE CAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OF PEOPLE HERE WITHOUT A FRIDGE...SO WHAT SHOULD I DO.