New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) — broken refrigerator
My refrigerator has been out of order since sunday july 9, 2006. I called the work ticket number [protected]. I filed the complaint on monday july 7, 2006 the maintenace worker came by and told me the freezer had too much ice and to defrost it for 24 hours by leaving the freezer door open.
I had to take all of my meat to my neighbor and leave my milk, eggs etc in the frigerator. The maitenance worker said that the food in the frigerator would be ok as long as I left the door open. I have a five year old daughter. How can you keep a child from milk and things like that but I did it and waited the 24 hours. Unfortunately the refrigerator still didnt work.
On july 11, 2006 I called the work ticket center back which is suppose to be an emergency. I was told that someone would be there the next morining between 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. It is now 2:07 pm and no one has showed I called the work ticket program and they stated that I had to now wait 24 hours before someone will come out. It is a hot and humid day I cannot give my daughter cold water, ice or anything else.
My name is michelle
I live in public housing. My address is jewel ave, flushing ny. The work ticket number is 0257sss, it was called in on 7/11/06 at 4:47 pm. Is there someone or agency you can refer me too? I know if I go another day like this all the food I have left will go bad. Can you help?
More New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Complaints & Reviews
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - repair problems
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - rude and unprofessional workers
- NYCHA - Section 8 - non-answering of phones
- NYCHA Drew Hamilton Houses - excessive garbage
- NYCHA - no heat in bedroom after 11pm
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - cat has been registered for years.
- NYCHA (NYC Housing Authority) - negligence
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - maintenance has not been sent to my apartment on a 24 hr ticket
- NYCHA - lack of heat and mold problem
- Dewitt Clinton Housing NYCHA - lack of proper repair and procedure policy