NYCHA / bathroom leak, mole and loose toilet remains an issue.

1 2945 West 23rd Street, Brooklyn, NY, United States

My mother in law resides in the carey gardens - 2945 west 23rd st. , in brooklyn, ny. Since august of this year she has made several reports that there is a leak somewhere within the walls either from the above apartment or one of the top floors, yet to no avail. The maintenance guys have come three times to the apartment. First they made an assessment of the condition the wall is in, then we were told that the wall would be plastered however when I mention to the guy that plastering a wall without repairing the leak is useless; he stated that if we did not call to make an appointment for the plastering it would take a long time before they can actually plaster the wall. As soon as the guy came to plaster the wall, it began to peel again, there is also black mole on the walls and ceilings, the toilet is actually loose; yet their only solution nycha has come up with is to plaster the wall while the underlying problems remains unsolved. Today I had to call the [protected] to make another ticket, describe the problem all over again and be given a repair date of dec.16, 2010. However, I am not only going to take pictures but videotape the conditions in which my mother in law is living in. I am going to wait for their petty work to be done on dec. 16, 2010, then I will be taking her to housing court and filing a tenant's request for inspection, because I know for a fact that the leak is not going to be repaired and this is going to be an ongoing issue unless I take nycha to court myself and if the court does nothing I will call the media.