Lorain County Job & Family Services Logo

Lorain County Job & Family Services

Having problems with Lorain County Job & Family Services?

Lorain County Job & Family Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 808 2991 (Customer Service)
+1 440 244 4150 (Head Office)
+1 440 323 5726 (Head Office)
+1 440 284 4401 (Child Support Enforcement Agency)
+1 440 284 4300 (Cash/Food/Medical)
42485 North Ridge Road
Thu7:30 AM - 4:15 PM
Fri7:30 AM - 4:15 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lorain County Job & Family Services Customer Service. Initial Lorain County Job & Family Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lorain County Job & Family Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lorain County Job & Family Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Lorain County Job & Family Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Lorain County Job & Family ServicesThe worst government ran services

You can't get any worse then this, the rudest most incompetent workers, I've worked 20 straight years and still can't make it, no child support at all, I get a few dollars in stamps although, you take these folks everything they want weeks in advance and nope, nothing, call them. .. And. ... Nope.. Nothing. . You get that they will call you in 7days.. Well, day 8 .. nope nothing. ..Then go up there and streams in 45 min line for. .nope nothing!!! This is so crazy!!! Its not even worth going through all that they put you through plus the aggravation to get no where fast!!! They don't take their time cutting you if you make a dollar, but they can't get it right for nothing. . Cuyahoga has quadruple the amounts of work and they can handle their case loads .. Why can't lorain?? If you need help, my suggestion is, go to the food bank, eat out the tarash can. . Don't even bother going here. . They won't help you, they need all the training they can get!!! We need to set up a go fund me account for training lorain County job and family services. .or disservices

Lorain County Jobs and Family ServicesChild Care Caseworker

I can't believe the issues I am having in this county. I just moved here less than 2 months ago and still am unable to get Jobs and Family Services to approve my child care. I have turned in my residency form and my current employment verification information. However when they sent me the forms, it stated if I were to have issued with receiving the verification information form from my previous employer, they would help. That is not the case. I mailed my previous employer the form (6 weeks ago this coming Saturday) as I was directed to and they didn't return it. I went for my food stamp & medical appointment on 4/3/11 and I signed another form and also signed an affidavit showing when and why I am terminated my employment at my previous job. My caseworker approve my food stamps and medical case but to my surprise, CHILD CARE sent me a notice stating that my case will terminate on 4/28/12 because all information wasn't received on time. So I called and spoke to a customer service rep and they show several telephone attempts made to my previous employer with no response and the 2nd paper request has not been returned. And my affidavit is shown in my file but yet it must be my vault all information hasn't been received. I AM AT MY WITTS END AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I am going to call my case worker's supervisor tomorrow and if nothing is done, I will go to the Job and Family Services Board Committee.

Lorain County Job and Family Servicesthe wrong kind of help

I feel job and family services hire the wrong people. The people that work for them are low class ghetto trash. No respect. Like to argue. They do not try to help you but make things more difficult for you. I think the people they hire should be understanding with your needs and show respect for anyone regardless of their need for assistance. They have a job because people need help. So show the people of lorain county you want to help them. I say this because of the way iam treated when I call. Example: I have a one month old baby. So right now iam on maternity leave. Icalled them the day I went on maternity leave to let them know because it is required of me in order to receive assistance. After that they raised my food assistance. But did not tell me I was eligible for cash assistance. Which by the way would have been very helpful me being a single mom of 2 now and not receiving any help from anyone for my bills and rent. No child support. Nothing. A month later of reporting my leave from work, someone mentioned to me that I should be receiving cash assistance to help my kids and I out. So I called the welfare office. Spoke with a lady that was rude. Spoke with no class, very ghetto. I just simple asked her if I could speak with a case worker about cash assistance. She made it her business to question me. To tell me she concluded I can't since I will be going back to work soon and I don't get back pay because I never applied for it. I asked her again to please let me speak to a case worker and she was laughing at me still being rude and smart mouthed. Smacking her lips over the phone. Then hung up on me. I honestly do not want to deal with these people ever again. Unfortunately I have to due to my circumstances. Who do I complain to how do I get these people to have respect when talking to us and stop treating us like we are trash???!!?? I called to speak with supervisors thinking they would address the problem and put it to rest. To my surprise the supervisors are just as bad if not worse! Who hires these people? Why do they always have a bad additude with the people who receive help?any other work environment would have punished a person who speaks like this. They get away with it becaus e they all act like that they all think they are better then us!! And I'm sick of it! Its time for a change!! We deserve respect!! We are human! We have kids! We are in titled to this help because of our situations life has put us in!! Iam not asking to become rich off of my benefits. I'm not asking to completely take care of my family while I sit on my butt all day! I'm asking for some help while I'm off work and unable to provide for my family!!!. What is so wrong with this?? Who are theyto judge me?? They need to grow up and find a new job that best suits them. If anyone out there has had an experience as I did with them.(I have had more this is just the most recent) please speak up!!! Find out where do we complain to and get these workers to stop treating us like this!!

J

Lorain County Job and Family Services — Food Stamps Process Delay

I found myself in the position of having to apply for public assistance when my children's father would...