NWP Services Corporation / Billing/Customer Service

1 Castle Rock, CO, United States Review updated:

This has been the worst company I have ever dealt with. I received my 1st bill late and they billed me?!!! I paid the late fee so as not to be sent to collections ($10 was not going to break the bank and not worth fighting over). Then the next month they claimed I STILL had not paid the late fee and then tacked on another $10!!! My neighbor has also complained about his outragous rising bill and I'm just waiting for mine. I see endless problems with these people. OH OH WAIT... Then there is the customer service when you call in with a complaint. FORGET IT! You might as well talk to your toddler or dog about the problem, they would probably understand better than the C.S. @ NWP. I only have a nine month lease with the apt. complex and thank God! I will be complaining to the complex's manager and I will be telling them that I will discourage anyone else from moving in to the complex based purely on NWP, maybe this is the solution?

Vd

Comments

• Ai
      29th of Jan, 2009

they owe me a refund of $32.00 and it's been three months. they tell me the finance dept. is backed up. what a joke. when I call, they will not give me the person's last name I am dealing with. The worst company I have ever had relations with!

4th of Feb, 2009

I am fighting this company now for putting a $2.75 charge on my bill. This not in my lease, so I am disputing it.

• Ke
      12th of May, 2009

Very bad company. I too am not recommending anyone to move into these apartments because of this company.

• Je
      16th of Oct, 2013

These complaints about unjust fees are totally on point. I am so angry about it as I live alone in a rental property south of Denver, Colorado and as you all cited, the so-called fees and charges keep increasing seemingly month after month. Here's a breakdown:

Allocated Water Service $11.57
    Submetered Sewer Service $21.23
    Trash Base Fee $20.00
    Meter Read Fee $0.35
    Service Fee $5.45

This totals $85.87 a month!! Up from $35.00 a month just 2 months ago. I mean, it's so obviously padding and erroneous charges.

Beware when you sign a new lease with a rental property; you need to know whether or not NWP handles these utilities. It's a total RIPOFF. I am going to battle on this.

• Je
      16th of Oct, 2013

I should have mentioned in my post earlier: I have a submeter and yet, just a few weeks ago a NWP employee came in to 'check and reset my meter'. I am gone most of the time so water and sewer usage is minimal at best. I workout and shower at the gym. My complaint is the fluctuation of usage and resulting charges when your actual usage remains the same and in many cases, reduces, the continually expanding fees, and the helplessness one feels as these fees and charges are beyond your control.

At least with Xcel Energy you can control your energy consumption; not with NWP. We have a trash valet service my community added a few months ago. Laughingly called as it amounts to a plastic 'bench' outside your door in which to throw trash bags. I'd rather just throw my own trash in the many dumpsters on the property, but no...it's mandatory...and that costs $20/month!!

I'm so annoyed about this as you are really unable to budget because the bill keeps going up...it never ever ever goes down!!

• Vg
      16th of Mar, 2018

Regarding admin fees, imposed by NWP:
    NJ State Department of Community Affairs classifies Administrative Fees for any recipient of "Section 8" as illegal -
    "In reviewing the billing format it shows that an "Administrative Service Fee" is being charged along with the gas usage. Please be aware that this fee is not allowed and must be removed from the bill. If it is found that this charge si being used, the owners will be liable for an assessment of a civil penalty and may be forced to reimburse these fees to all billed parties." (letter is sent from Section 8 to landlord on May 16, 2017) New Jersey State.