Northland Group Inc. / Harassment!

7831 Glenroy Rd. #250Edina, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8885698148
Their collection letter claims they are working on behalf of SBC. I have never had any service at my home by SBC. In fact, SBC doesn't offer service in this area. I have never lived in an area where SBC had service they could offer. I get numerous calls from collection companies that are just fishing out Mexican names - and they insist that I know these people, you see, because if a Mexican shares a name with whomever they are looking for, then they must be related. I'm tired of being racially profiled, harassed due to my race, threaten and insulted.

SBC has no information on any account using my name. So if SBC has never done business with my address, then why does Northland Group Inc. have the right to mass mail people that share a last name and attempt to turn a false claim into the burden of the receiver to refute?

I intend to send them a letter saying if they do not produce a valid signed contract from SBC in 30 days, then I will assume the debt they are collecting is a fraudulent attempt and they will be reported to the Attorney General in their district.
Li

Comments

De
  25th of Apr, 2009
You can stop this crap ! We have rights !!

1. They CANNOT call you at unreasonable hours.
Make a log of the date and time of each call. If they call outside the hours allowed by law you can sue them in small claims court.

2. Write a letter demanding that they cease contact with you.
Send the letter registered. If they contact you after the letter, you can sue them in court. Depending on the state, I believe the fines run from $500 to $1, 200 per call. Again write a LOG of every call with time and date.
Here is their address: