Northland Group / Fraud and cheating

United States, Minnesota, Edina Review updated:
Northland Group
Phone: 866-648-4511
I received a suspicious collections letter from NGI in the mail this week. It was addressed to me under a former married name that I haven't used in over 18 years! I did not live at this address 18 years ago, either. The store account credit card they say is past due in the amount of $892.07 was charged off in a bankruptcy in 1990! That's almost TWO DECADES AGO!! When I looked up the company listed as their 'client', Asset Acceptance, Llc, I found that they are a major purchaser of charged off debts and then they go and try to collect them for themselves. It can be very deceiving, and as one consumer who filed a [redacted] here says, it can cause you to second-guess yourself.

The letter lists the actual credit card account number and company it was held with, thereby making the letter look legitimate. Is this even legal?? Why are companies allowed to 'purchase' this kind of information? Can they be stopped?!?! Personally, I know I will seek all possible remedies to stop them from harassing me.

N  5th of Dec, 2009 by
yo manuel orellana estoy en vancarota minumero de caso es c7 #17186 el avogado es micchael colmenares y el numero de telefono es 1310-768-40-85

Northland Group Logo Northland Group