Northern Tool / Bad service

1 2800 Southcross Dr. W., Burnsville, MN, United States Review updated:

I bought a wood stove for my home from Northern Tool. It weighed over 500 lbs and the company knew I was a private consumer. They charged me $85 to lower the lift gate to move the stove to the ground. Then they informed me, at the time of the delivery, that the truck would leave my stove out on the street. They donot bring it to your home. It was unsafe to do so since I live on a narrow country road and no way to move this stove down my driveway and into my home. Selling to consumers directly should include a delivery that is to the person's property. They charge an outrageous shipping and delivery charge and extra to off load this product. I am not happy at being victumized by this company and I will never do business with them again.

Va

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2010

i baught 2 guns for my pressure washer because i was not sure which one was the right one and i had no time to go check the clerk said if one works just bring the other one. when i retuned it the assistant manager Joe T/ new bern avenue store, a short young man with a very bad temper and the worst customer service i have ever seen, said they could not give me back the cash because one part came off a kit even though i had a receipt showing all that i paid for . he said that people bring back things lying just to get money. i baught this on saturday and we braught it back on monday. when we insisted the assistant manager Joe T ( new bern avenue NC) called the police on me and my wife and the police told us to go that he complained that we were tresspassing. mind you we had both 3 days old tools and the receipt. the worst of all, Joe T/ assistant manager was talking about us while we are standing right beside them. very rude.

• Rs
      30th of Oct, 2010

you can reach the vice president of customer service direct at 612-859-4987.

• Br
      17th of Jul, 2014

I bought a set of wheels and tires for a push cart for a city event well recognized in our community for the 4th of July. Before I purchased the tires and wheels, I checked the availability. It stated they were in stock and shipping to my address would be 3-8 days. I purchased these June 22nd, which was plenty of time to receive the products before the 4th of July. A week passed and I hadn't received any email indicating whether the items shipped. I called the company and they told me the items were on back order and just shipped on the 27th of June. Well do the math, 3-8 days of shipping meant I still should have received the products by the 4th of July. Customer Service told me the items were expected to be delivered the 8th of July. From the time I ordered to the time I actually received the product was 17 days as compared to their advertised 3-8 days. On top of it all, I never received a tracking email like they stated I should have received so I could track the progress of the package. Customer Service refused to make this right with me, since I no longer needed the product after the 4th, and told me I would have to pay for shipping back to the company. This is not right and I will not order from them again. I agree, Customer Service is very poor. This is not the first time I have had problems with them and their shipping times.

• To
      13th of Mar, 2018

I bought a pressure washer used it three times the pump filled with water I was told by northern to remove the pump and take to baily electric in Corfu n.y. I called back to northern and they told me I should not have taken it off when they told me to the week before.Now e are with no pressure washer and I have a diesel shop what do I do now.I would like you to readthis so you don't make the same mistake I did by purchasing from northern