Nokia / no replacement of handset even after sending a legal notice to the company

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a Nokia 3250 mobile phone a year ago. It cost me around 18000 Rs at that time. Just 2 days after getting the phone, the phone started getting some technical faults. When I consulted the dealer, I was asked to go to one of the Nokia Care Centers at Bangalore. As directed, I visited a service center at Jayanagar. They asked me to go to the L3 service center at Koramangala. When I got there, they took my handset for service and gave me a job card. I was asked to come back after 3 days. I waited for 3 days and collected my handset. Two hours after collecting my handset, it started developing more problems. I called them back the next day and they directed me to give it for a second service. I did so and received my handset after around 4 days. The phone functioned fine for 2 days after the second service and it developed more complex problems after that. Then I tried contacting the Manager of that service center. He asked me to give it for one more service. When I asked him to replace my handset with a new one, he said it is not possible to replace until we feel that we cannot correct the problem. After a long conversation, he said he would replace my handset within 15 days. Though I asked them, I was not given anything in writing. They assured me that my handset would be replaced. One week later, I gave a call to check if my handset had arrived. The manager told me that it would take one more week and he also assured me that it would surely be done. One week after that, I called up the manager asking him if my handset had arrived. Initially, he spoke to me softly. Later he started speaking rudely and he said that my handset was ready. He also said that it was not replaced, but repaired. When I asked him about the assurance that he had given me, he said that it would not be replaced and though I was trying to ask him something, he hung up the phone. Without knowing what to do, I went there and collected the handset. From that day, my handset started developing more complex problems. It was serviced twice unofficially(without any job card). During these days, I was asked to call up nokia care line [protected]) and every time I called up, they would find some reason and put me on hold. Each call would last at least 30 minutes. I have called that number at least 30 times by now.

In October 06, my advocates sent a legal notice to Nokia India Pvt. Ltd. telling them about everything that had happened and directing them to give a replacement to my handset. Few weeks later, they replied, asking for some information about the phone and my contact details. We replied back with the details that they wanted. Probably three weeks later, they replied saying that they needed time to process my case and would surely help us out. Till today, I have not received any call from anyone in Nokia. There have been no more replies from Nokia. Right now, my handset has so many problems that it is extremely difficult to use it. Many keys on the keypad have also stopped functioning. Currently the phone is in a very bad condition. Almost in a condition where it is not possible to use. I am facing too many problems with it.

Thanking You,
Regards,
KARUN R.

Ka

Comments

• Bh
      2nd of Jun, 2008

i have similar experiance.

• Vi
      15th of Sep, 2008

I am also facing same type of problem. I gave my N72 2months back with some problem of "Hangign" the hand set . I called at 30303838 but they gave only the consolation that they will try there level best and they even dont know what is the state of my Handeset and where it right now .
    I am very dissapointed with the response of the company.
    Now i am sending a legal notice to Nokia regarding my Handset.