Nokia 1112 / defective mobile

1 India Review updated:

I purchased nokia 1112 mobile from Nokia care, 3 months ago Yesterday There is a problem in my New Mobile without any accident, Microphone and Speaker are suddenly not working.I was going at Nokia Care they told me Parts are not available due to common problems in this 1112 model it's a manufacturing defect . And 5 to 7 working days to repair mobile. There is no replacement exchange for this problem. Nokia is the best company in Mobile Technology and in India Surat centre (like metro city) parts are not available means there are frequent problem in this model. Why should I compromise (repair) with this defective piece.

I want to replace with higher model with difference. As I have already mentioned and believe that Nokia is the best company in Mobile technology, and still it compromises the quality in such a way, the customers like us would start thinking twice before relying on NOKIA brand image.

You may also imagine the inconvenience caused without the mobile for about a day, just due to such stupid manufacturing defects. I may face lot of personal as well as professional problems loss due to unavailability of the mobile.

Comments

• Jy
      1st of Nov, 2006
    Nokia 1112 - Display problems
    India

I had given my Nokia 1112 on 8th Oct to rectify my display problems in Nokia care Sahid Nagar Bhubanewar branch. But it has remained pending till today for which i am facing a lot of problems.

• So
      2nd of Dec, 2006

My phone has stopped working. I am not able to make calls nor am i able to send msgs. Do not buy this phone - Nokia 1112!

• Vi
      5th of Mar, 2007
    Nokia 1255 - Defective mobile!
    India

I have purchased on Nokia 1255 CDMA set and connected through Reliance Mobile connection on 5.2.2007 but since very first day i am facing problems as under:

1. Battery back up very low it discharges with in 8 Hrs. without use. As per catalog it should be either 8 days or 3.5 hrs but this is not covering by my set.

2.This set is not working in outer area i.e village but other mobiles are very well working with same connection there, before nokia my LG Set was working well there.

3. The incoming ring tone is very low volumed which i get trouble to receive call.

Do not buy Nokia!

• Ha
      28th of Mar, 2007

Sub: Unsecured security code

Nokia 1112 provides Security code to guard it but there is a bye pass available of any code. Press & hold unlock and on require press * immediately. It will unlocked. There is no meaning of security code in this model. It is fault of manufacturer.

• Jd
      17th of May, 2007

I too have 1255. It hangs and switches off while receiving a call. Given for repairs 2 times without any luck.
    Was throwing that into garbage, but then converted it to lifetime free incoming and given it to my office boy.

Reliance SUCKS! Better go for GSM provider. Even TATA Indicom is of same category.

• Kr
      1st of Jun, 2007

Man, I agree with u. NOKIA 1255 is the cheapest CDMA mobile of NOKIA. Your problem is battery discharges very fastly. The thing is this phone is searching for signal when ever u go out side from coverage area. But all other NOKIA CDMA has more signal reception power and that will not go frequently to out of coverage are and thats y they will save battery power than this model. I had used this phone several months ago and by understanding this problem i switched to NOKIA 3155. The cost is 9000/-. But unmatched signal reception and clarity is the result. If u are in a very good coverage are... that means 70% of the signal strength is needed in the display, u can see that ur 1255 is not loosing battery power. So it is not a prob. of NOKIA but the problem of this model. Better u sell this to a person who lives in good town (for getting good signal strength) and switch to any another model of NOKIA. NOKIA phones are far better than LG. All the best.

• Sr
      21st of Jul, 2007

Yes 1255 is the worst mobile phone available on planet earth. Battery lasts for few hours whether one makes or receives a call. I am in BANGALORE and have a TATA connection. The result is the same. I carry a spare battery to change in between.

I had given for repairs at BRIGHT POINT and was given a replacement, both the original and replacement have the same problems. Even the ring tone is hardly audible. ALL IN ALL NOKIA 1255 'S BEST PLACE IS THE DUSTBIN IF AT ALL IT ACCEPTS IT, MY DUSTBIN ALSO REJECTED NOKIA 1255.

SRINIVAS
    glsein@yahoo.co.in.

• Di
      10th of Sep, 2007
    Nokia / 1112 - BL-5CA - Does this battery is in the list of the complained batteries

Hi,

My handset model is Nokia 1112. Battery is BL-5CA.
    Battery no: 0670495437995O144D11713817
    Please let me know whether this battery is in the list of the recalled batteries, as it belongs to the same series.

Thanks,

Shivam Apartment, Sion Circle
    Sion (E), Mumbai
    Tel.No. 65183519.

The product description is;
    '000000250, Nokia 1112,IMEI 354573016653089'

Initially when I was using the mobile it was over heating during the charging and long duration talk. Susequently the battery(BL-5CA) went dead and would not recharge. Since I had another old mobile with same type of battery, I used that on my 1112 and it is working satisfactorily, and recharging properly.

I went to the Nokia care centre close to the mobile shop where I bought the phone in Sion circle to ask for replacement of the battery. They checked the mobile briefly and said there is a hard ware defect in it and I should give it to their main centre at Parel, Mumbai at the following address:
    Bright Paint India Pvt Ltd
    Phoenix Mills, Big Bazar,
    3rd floor, c-wing,462-Senapati Bapat Marg,Lower Parel(W),Mumbai
    Tel.66607929

It may take more than 3 weeks for the repair. They would not listen to my arguement that the Mobile is fine and only requires battery replacement. I found one more person also being palmed off like this. The attitude of the lady and the person in the counter is very callous and would not like to know what is the problem.

I reconfirm the mobile is working fine with the same type of old battery with me. You may investigate on my above complaint.

While you do that my request is to provide me with a replacement battery in place of the defective and dead battery.

• Ab
      15th of Jul, 2008

When i Charge the Nokia 1112 Battery. Battery Finished within 24 Hours. Whats Problem?

• Na
      18th of Aug, 2008

good

• Ha
      2nd of Oct, 2008

My nokia 1112 that I purchased end of last year has had so many problems and defects (including sound and microphone) that i finally threw it out the window and onto the road where the trucks can break it down into smaller peices, the place i brought the phone from has closed down and now I cant get it serviced anymore. I have to get another brand now. this was my 5th nokia, and it is going to be my final as the manufacture's image and standards are failing to provide better needs on phones and technology. My phone was so defective it was unrepairable and i wasted lots of money on this nokia lane. Can i get a refund from the manufacturer?

28th of Oct, 2008