NJ Transit / fraud

NJ Transit
Be advised, I am extremely irritated and offended that after riding NJ transit for 5 years, and paying the approximately $250 a month to travel between Madison and NYC every day, the service remains so terrible. This evening's problem only heightens that feeling.

As the train pulled into Madison this evening (the 654 out of NYC) the doors in the very center of the train, which WERE on the platform, suddenly slammed shut while several women in front of me tried to disembark. They did not open for at least 15 seconds, so not wanting to miss my stop, I walked ahead one car to try to get off there. Those doors were also closed.

There were absolutely NO conductors in sight. No one checked to see why the doors on 2 different cars in the CENTER of the train didn't open, and sure enough, the train pulled away and I missed my stop.

I am completely outraged that I was inconvenienced like this after a long day of work. I was taken all the way to the next town, Convent Station, where the waiting room is not even open after the morning. It was raining. As I'm sure you are aware, the trains run at a pathetic rate in the evenings. It's an outrageous waste of my time.

And as I left the train and expressed my outrage to the conductors, I was also quite alarmed that they did not even care. I do recall that a man died after getting stuck in a door that was unattended by conductors about a year or 2 ago. I can only imagine that such blatant disregard for the functionality of the equipment in this case can only contribute to such problems. Again these doors were on cars that did platform, and would have been right in front of the staircase in Madison. To disregard the fact that they had malfunctioned and allow passengers such as my self to be completely inconvenienced is unacceptable.

If you did not have a monopoly on the transit system in my area, I would most certainly NEVER give you my business again.

I don't imagine that anyone will even read this but I hope you remedy the situation.

N  7th of May, 2012 by
I lived in North Bergen NJ, work in NYC after half an hour late
a bus passed by and did not stop on 73rd street and BLV East. The service is
Horrible, the rates increase are nothing more,
Than class war on commuters that Governor Christie
has made on the middle class Stop the rate increases on tolls is enough!!!
Can't wait for elections to get you out Governor...
A register voter.