Nissan Of Usa / nissan altima transmission and nissan of usa cust service

1 United States

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the quality of Nissan. I bought a certified used 2005 Altima with around 30,000 miles on it. At around 60,000 miles it needed a new transmission. It now needs another transmission only 40,000 miles later. That's 100,000 miles and 2 transmissions. This is NOT the quality car I thought I read about. The dealer also was nice enough to inform me that because the transmission was only warranteed for 12 months/12,000 miles, that I will be charged for the new transmission. What is that all about? I know cars can have issues, but not as frequent as this. I was told the CV Seal leaked, and that all the transmission fluid leaked out. The mechanic said this is rare. So if it's so rare, why won't Nissan stand by their product, and try to make a customer happy? I'll tell you why; because they don't care enough about one customer in the mix of millions. I have called Nissan of USA and logged a complaint about this. Hopefully someone will approve Nissan paying for my new transmission. If they do really care about ALL their customers, and their reputation, I will see results. Needless to say this incident has left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to Nissan and the so called “quality” of a certified pre-owned car.