Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp / bad practice

1 MA, United States

This company has very deceptive practices. This is my third and last Nissan I will be leasing. I gave this car away on Leasetrader where someone took over the lease. At the end of the lease period, the person that took over the lease extended the contract with his name on it only. Yet it still appeared on my credit report and I got phonecalls from Nissan that my payment was late. I told the rep my lease contract expired and it was only extended by the person that took over the lease. She said, "No, I have a copy of the contract here with both of your signatures on it." I asked for a copy of the contract and the rep refused and said I wasn't allowed to see it! I'm like ITS MY CONTRACT if you claim my signature is on it, why can't I see it? She still refused and I spoke to her manager. The manager said I can get a lawyer if I want. I hung up and was able to get a hold of the person that took over the lease and he faxed me the contract. On the contract was just his name and signature. Called back, got a rep from India, which is 99.9% of the case on Nissan customer service. First time, they had no idea what I was talking about or tried to pretend they didn't. Second time I called, they put me on hold and then hung up (B.S.). Third time they said something to the effect of, you are still a co-signer so when he signs for it, he's signing for you too. ILLEGAL practice imo.

Mi