Nicor Gas / No gas for 29 days

Nicor Gas is the worst company ever ever ever. Isn't there another gas company out there somewhere that we could use? I moved into a rental on November 14th and there was no gas meter attached to the house. Apparently they took all the equipment also. I called them on November 14th to set up new service however I couldn't because there was no gas meter or gas line to the house. Sonoco has been giving me the runaround for 29 days and I still do not have a meter or a gas line to my house it is freezing cold I live in Fox Lake Illinois and I don't know what to do next. Nicor did however tell me if I did drop my complaint with the Better Business Bureau that this would move along a lot quicker. So what's that telling you? I live in Fox Lake Illinois it is supposed to get down to single-digits and I have no heat no heat for me and my two girls little girls. I would really really really appreciate it if somebody can help me out here tell me who to call tell me who to complain to. God bless and I hope you all are warm.

Ka