[Resolved] Newegg.com / rma fraud

Purchased a Samsung M.2 SSD from Newegg.com. No matter what I did, the performance of the drive was terrible. So I requested an RMA and was approved.

I packaged the drive back in the original retail packaging and returned to Newegg with their shipping label.

A week later I am contacted and told that they are sorry but that I returned an empty box so they cannot refund me.

Now I have no drive and am out $330.

They tell me that "there is no evidence of tampering or theft" however the box was opened, so I am not sure what sort of evidence there would be...

Now, looking around online, I see a lot of people with this complaint. It seems that Newegg is engaging in fraud.

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Apr 04, 2017

Hello Tobyh,
    Thank you for the time you took to reach out to us. I apologize for the experience you had with the return of your SSD. I would like the chance to review your situation and see what information I can gather and see if we can push forward with a resolution for you. Would you mind emailing us at [protected]@newegg.com with your order number and more info on this situation? I look forward to your response.
    Thanks,