[Resolved] Newegg.com / rma fraud
Purchased a Samsung M.2 SSD from Newegg.com. No matter what I did, the performance of the drive was terrible. So I requested an RMA and was approved.
I packaged the drive back in the original retail packaging and returned to Newegg with their shipping label.
A week later I am contacted and told that they are sorry but that I returned an empty box so they cannot refund me.
Now I have no drive and am out $330.
They tell me that "there is no evidence of tampering or theft" however the box was opened, so I am not sure what sort of evidence there would be...
Now, looking around online, I see a lot of people with this complaint. It seems that Newegg is engaging in fraud.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Apr 04, 2017
Thank you for the time you took to reach out to us. I apologize for the experience you had with the return of your SSD. I would like the chance to review your situation and see what information I can gather and see if we can push forward with a resolution for you. Would you mind emailing us at [protected]@newegg.com with your order number and more info on this situation? I look forward to your response.
Isaac [Newegg Support]
More Newegg.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - online scam 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!) 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com! 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - do not buy anything as a gift from newegg 
- Newegg.com. Cn - awful customer service 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - avoid newegg if you're the type of person who wants their coverage plans to be well worth the extra money 
- NewEgg - selling defective products
- Newegg.com - big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information
- [Resolved] NewEgg - delivery, a horror story