[Resolved] Newegg / dishonest, deceptive and unfair trade

Early yesterday morning I ordered $3, 560.00+ worth of merchandise from www.newegg.com. My order was placed within plenty of time to meet their "same day processing" deadline of noon PST. I paid for the order, went through Verified by Visa, got a call from my bank confirming the charges, and even got a call from Newegg confirming the charge as valid. All this "checks and balances" seemed somewhere between overboard and extreme, maybe paranoid, but oh well, that's where we stood.

Nothing happened after that. I called and called and was assured my order was processing.

As the hours go by I call and call and I'm told over and over the order will processed but according to their website my order is not doing anything; not being packaged and not being shipped.

As it neared the end of the business day out in CA, I called Newegg for now the 4th time and was told for the 4th time my order would ship. I asked for a supervisor and explained that I have been told over and over that my order will be processed but nothing is happening. She put me on hold while she, according to her, "got with the other department to make sure that order got out today."

They e-mailed me a UPS tracking number. I tracked the package all the way to my door the next day as agreed. When I received the tiny box I found out the box has a $4 hdmi-dvi connector plug in it.

Where is my $4, 000.00? That's what I would like to know.

So I called Newegg and went through a CSR, then a supervisor, then a manager, and continually was told "it will be shipped today." I explained that's what I have been told over and over. So they provided me more UPS tracking numbers and again told me the complete order has shipped.

I told them I don't believe them. This is now the 5th time I have been told the order has shipped and what I got out of it the first time was a $4 plug.

Come to find out, of the UPS tracking numbers they gave me, 2 of them are invalid on the UPS site, and 2 of them only show as billing, not anything picked up or in transit. Nothing has shipped but the $4 plug. Yet, I called again ONE MORE TIME and they tell me "everything has shipped" so I asked them what does the term "shipped" mean to them and they say it means it has left their warehouse. They are lying; the order has not shipped.

My overall $4, 000.00 experience with Newegg is that they continually lie to make you hear what they think you want to hear, they practice fraud and deceptive and unfair trade practices.

I paid for overnight shipping and rush order processing fees and I spent $4, 000 and I have a $4 plug. That's where we stand.

It has consumed umpteen hours of my time chasing my money and/ or my merchandise. This is not how I choose to live my life. Don't make the same mistake.

Now in researching Newegg I'm discovering many customers receiving damaged defective goods when they paid for new merchandise. I hate to think of the horror ahead. I got ripped off on the internet. Time to get the lawyers working on it if I do not have everything I paid for by tomorrow. And I'll expect a full refund on the overnight shipping and "rush" (cough-cough) processing fee at a bare minimum.

• Resolution statement

• Newegg.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 29, 2009

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at alex.a.villarino@newegg.com or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Alex Villarino
    Newegg.com"

• Newegg.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 30, 2009

Dear Blackice,

I did go ahead and read your post Sir. Like I told you via phone, there was a mix up from our warehouse which caused this additional mix up. We apologized for that Sir. No company is perfect as we are not either. But we are pretty good in trying to make right on any error or issues you may of had with our company. In this case, like you say above, you had to place a new order for an item that was $100.00 less and with our offer totaled $200.00 off for this whole inconvenience. Yes, I was out of the office the next day on vacation but never thought the order would be voided until I came in the next day in which I called you and we spoke all about what happened.

We understand your anger Sir but hope you do not let this one issue detour you from shopping with us again. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact me via phone and I will be more than happy to speak to you.

Sincerely,

Alex Villarino
    Newegg.com

Va

Comments

• Bl
      27th of Jun, 2009

I posted a few days back about a return. It was agreed upon that I would be sent a new in the box it with in a week. Two weeks later I'm told the item had been repaired and being sent back.. Long story short.. Now having of 60 e-mail correspondence with Newegg over a replacement item, I contacted Mr. Alex Villarino @ Newegg and it went from bad to worse.. He advised he would have my item shipped out and $75.00 toward my next purchase at Newegg (like I will ever shop there again) Be the good guy I am, I advised Mr.Villarino to use that $75.00 toward next day delivery. I received an e-mail from Mr.Villarion advising my order sent and I would have to contact C.S. the next day for the tracking #, Per Mr. Vallarino "Being out of the office that day" I contacted C.S. (what a joke) and the rep had no idea what I was talking about. She requested the e-mail from Mr.Villarino and I sent it.. Never replied back that day. Next day I find the order canceled and my money (for there sake) reissued in to my bank account. I Talked to Mr.Villarino the next day after being advised by C.S. he was not at work, And again went through the con art of apology's and promises. But now he wanted $599.00 due to I would have to reorder the item, , But I would get a $100.00 of the price, , oh yea!! And now the item was on sale, So I would be saving $200.00. Yea right!! Like I would give Newegg more money.. It should have went like this, , , I will send you a new item next day plus the $200.00 off & once that is complete you can issue another payment.. I have filed a Complaint with Consumers Affairs and urge other to do the same.. I smell Class Action Law Suite around the corner for Newegg..

• Bl
      29th of Jun, 2009

Not sure the last posted. It's obvious Mr.Villarino did not read the complaint above before posting.