Netzero / Netzero a company of swindlers

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Swindlers and thieves try to find new ways ripping off customers and here is what Netzero has designed which also many other DSL ISPs have employed. During subscription process they don’t mention certain fees, particular $150 cancellation fee. They mention it several days later after subscription is complete and a customer received DSL modem. To avoid responsibility they establish 30 day money back guarantee during which you can cancel subscription, which they put in front in their advertising. In other words a customer is notified about $150 cancellation fee after he has started using the service. Now if you disagree with cancellation fee you can cancel the service getting your money back, but you’d have to send equipment back to them for your own account and look for another DSL ISP therefore very few people really do it. The problem is that connection speed which cost money drops down below dial up right after that money back period is over so it does not make sense to use it. However if you want to cancel the service which you cannot use anymore you would have to pay $150 cancellation fee.

How many thousand people have been already ripped off and how many billions of $$ was stolen from us, who knows? And what this dysfunctional government does about it? NOTHING!

Al

Comments

15th of Aug, 2008

I cancelled my Netzero Platinum service of $9.95 as of March 2008 and switched to AT&T DSL that same month. After speaking with a male service rep, I cancelled everything and they told me I wouldn't be billed anymore. A month later, I'm billed for $4.95 for the account I cancelled under a different plan and I call again to cancel. The female service rep. then tells me that I will not be billed again and now, August 2008, I am billed for $8.85 for the same account with a 'now' added Norton service which I never agreed to. I distinctly told her that I wanted my account cancelled again! I want to know where they're getting this information to keep billing me despite the fact I've cancelled over 2 times! I have enoguh to pay for with phone and college tuition, I don't need their services which I've cancelled and they still keep billing my credit! I've filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Comsission online and I suggest you all do it as well so they'll stop this.

• Bo
      4th of Jun, 2009

I also canceled my netzero and was told they was sending me norton... I told her No I do not want it do not send it ...well got it today what can I do as I do not want to be billed for it.