Netzero / Net Zero's &free& trial isn't free!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Signed with Net Zero for a one-month allegedly free trial. Credit card charged immediately. Within days, it was clear the service was poor (slow access when I was able to access their servers at all; very slow downloads). I called to cancel the account. (You MUST call.) Their rep tried to retain me as a customer by offering me several more months of allegedly free service! I declined. He eventually gave up trying to sell me more service and said he'd cancel my account. I told him my credit card had ALREADY been charged for that allegedly free month, and he said it would receive a credit on the next statement. No credit was ever received, despite my sending letters for several months notifying NetZero that it had charged me for a FREE month.

BEWARE NetZero's offer of a free month's service.

Comments

• Lo
      26th of Aug, 2008

I just discovered that the same thing has happened to me! I will contact my credit card company and refuse to pay the bill. I pasted the Netzero add on the internet so that I have proof that they offer the free trial period to back up my claim that it was supposed to be free. After all, the credit card company is MY agent, not Netzero's.

• Am
      27th of Oct, 2008

I'll do you one better...I've never in my life called Netzero...I've never had there services either..but I just went to look at my bank account and I just saw a charge for $14.95 on my account????? I called them and they passed me through 6 people before finally cancelling the fraudulent account!!! I called my bank and canceled my debit card that it was charged on...I have no clue how the hell they got the number or my name...I'm calling my attorney in the morning.