Netspend Visa / unauthorized charges

1 Carrollton, TX, United States Review updated:

I had an unauthorized charge placed on my account in november 7, 2008. The company that placed the charge on my acoount contacted you and request that the money be placed back on my account to no avail. I've contacted your customer service department and requested that the money be returned to my account. Each time i called i was told something different. I was told to fax you a copy of my bill. The $ 53. 63 was not part of my bill, that money was added to my bill after i checked out. According to the marriott, it was a security deposit to make sure nothing was broken or taken from the room, and was supposed to be returned to my card witin two days. They also stated that they had contacted netspend and request that they release the funds. Netspend told me that the company had not request that the money be released. I contacted the marriott again and with me on the phone they contacted netspend and was told the money will be release within 48 hours. I also called netspend and was told the money will be released within 48 hours. I called netspend today and was told that they don't release the money until after 90 days. With the economy like it is, no one should have to wait to retrive their hard earned money. It is four days from being 90 days. This is a poor policies and procedures as well as poor customer services. Whenever my money is placed back into my account, i will closed this account and deter any one else from doing business with this company.

Comments

• Gu
      13th of Jan, 2009

Whenever unauthorized charges appear on your bank account, you should contact your bank immediately to resolve the situation. Your bank can help you with these charges by filing a dispute claim. Just call the customer service phone number usually found on the back of your debit card and give the agent a list of the unauthorized charges. Usually, you have to file a written statement describing what happened and your bank can assist you in getting your money back.