Netgear Wireless Router / rip off

I had a NetGear router and wanted to set up a home wireless network. NetGear talked me into paying for a one-year service contract for $99.95, which would cover complete technical support via phone for all my electronic devices. After paying, their technician was unable to help me and told me I'd have to buy a new router. I then asked for a refund and was told not only would it take 21 days, but also that I could only get a partial refund because they were deducting a service fee for my having talked briefly with the technician. I want a full, immediate refund. There's no justification for holding my money for 21 days, nor for charging me for non-existent service.

Gr

Comments

• Pa
      24th of Mar, 2010
    Netgear Wireless Router - no help and prices for simple questions

i have 2 netgear routers one for wireless service the other for printer services after less than a year they just stop working. won't reload with there software. I've tried all there simple tricks and then I went to there web site and was told they would answer each email question for $16.00 per question where they would help or not. I guess not to buy any netgear for they do not support there customers only big fish and no support for little guy.

• Si
      7th of Jan, 2013
    Netgear Wireless Router - no help and prices for simple questions
    Netgear

Good grief! I wish I would have never purchased this router. Customer Service is overseas and you can hardly understand them and the connection is terrible. It's bad enough you can't understand them, but not to hear them!@#$%^&* I am contemplating returning this item back to Amazon...WHAT A JOKE!!!

• Ro
      28th of Feb, 2017

I am a reasonable consumer who almost never complains about any product no matter how awful it is, I typically just decide not to buy from that manufacturer again, but I have become so livid with netgear, their useless products and terrible service that I am now absolutely ready to make it my life's work to cost them as much money as possibe at any cost of time or legal expenses to me personally.

The N450 cable modem and combined wireless router (for example) is defective, Netgear knows it, and they are still selling it. That's reprehensible. 10 minutes of searches on the internet finds HUNDREDS of complaints from owners of various netgear devices that have stopped working. If netgear thinks that there will be no legal consequences to that, they are living in la-la land. I'm looking for a good class action lawyer now so that I can cause some pain for netgear just as they have caused pain for their customers.

In the unlikely event that readers of this forum ever hear back from netgear in response to a complaint, do not listen to any of their "support" team's excuses or attempts to fob you off with a replacement unit of the same model, becasue the replacement will certainly be just as crap as the one you have now. The problems with this router are not limited to a few isolated machines, it's a systemic issue that probably affects 100% of units used with most cable internet providers. The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act specifies that you can opt for a refund instead of a replacement. Feel free to look up the relevant US laws: 16 C.F.R. Part 700.