Netflix / netflix unauthorized charges to my account

United States Review updated:

I tried registering for a free trial on 10/1. After filling in all of my information (including credit card info), I received a message stating that I was not eligible for the free trial (I had an account years ago). I did not know that message meant that they were still signing me up and charging my credit card. I wanted the netflix for a trip I was taking. I just got back from my check, catching up on expenses and noticed a monthly charge on my credit card on 10/3, 11/3 and 12/3.

I called for a refund and was told they’ll cancel my account and refund the 12/3 charge, but they cannot refund any charges past 30 days – even though I did not know I was a member and the service has not been used. I was not notified (by email, phone, etc.) I’ll be contacting the BBB to report this as well.

The latest BS is the advertising that you can not fast forward to the main menu and have to watch!! The lastest Harry Potter movie has about 30 minutes and takes an eternity to get past the BS advertising at the beginning of the disk. I finally gave up. Totally, completely and utterly unacceptable! I don’t pay to watch advertising. This is the last straw after the pricing BS a few months ago – and I have been a member since it stared. Good bye and not coming back. What is wrong with you guys – your marketing staff should be canned and the rest of the manangement team can go pound sand!!

Cc

Comments

• Us
      12th of Mar, 2013

Netflix doesn't make the movies so they don't control the previews