Netflix / double-billing

1 Los Gatos, CA, United States Review updated:

In November 2016, after receiving notice from Netflix that my account was inactive and would need renewing, I provided the credit card information requested. This began the cycle of double-billing discovered yesterday.

After chatting with Netflix customer service rep, Miranda, I was informed I would get a refund for 3 of the 9 months I had been double charged. Since the error belongs to Netflix for double billing a single IP address, I requested to speak to her supervisor.

The supervisor's position was that Netflix has a no-refund policy, but that he would authorize 3 additional months for reimbursing. Six months is not nine months, but I accepted the deal.

Today I received notice from the Netflix Accounts office that my bank had been credited with $7.99. I pay $9.99 per month plus $7.99. By refunding $7.99 instead of $9.99, Netflix has conceded that I have paid in full for full coverage of two computers within this IP address.

Netflix refused to take my chat today (waited an hour for a response that never came, that states wait time is 2-7 minutes). Following is today's chat appeal:
"Double-billing refund is for 1 month instead of 6 stated during yesterday's chat; and the amount was for $7.99 instead of $9.99 that I actually pay. This is my attempt to resolve this amicably.

Reference number for yesterday's extended chat:
Ref #[protected]

Daniel Jack
My account number is: unavailable

Desired resolution: Refund as agreed upon

• Updated by Dan Jack, Aug 21, 2017

I really do enjoy Netflix, but I think it important that Netflix be put on notice for double billing. If Nf continues to double bill and refuses to admit the practice, then leaves unfulfilled its promised to make make good on its error, then this does become actionable.

• Updated by Dan Jack, Aug 23, 2017

I am still skeptical of Nf's inability to tie computers at same IP address to a single account, but I now understand their reason for tying the account to an email address instead (portability). There continues to be a need, however, for winnowing out those computers sharing an IP address for purposes of billing. Reimbursement for double billing has been promised, and once fulfilled, I would consider this matter answered and closed.

Da
Aug 17, 2017

Comments

21st of Aug, 2017

James Leiter @ leiter45@juno.com. I have the same complaint as the individual above - 2 billings within a one month period.
    7/06 9.99 and 7/28 for 8.47.
    I have been on a one movie per month plan and have done nothing to change that. I feel as he does, that if this is not resolved, I will cancel my subscription to Netflix.

Account #: 4408 0410 3050 8784

• Ji
      12th of Oct, 2017

Netflix doesn't recognize accounts by IP address. You're a grown up. Check your statement.