NeoPets / Rip off

1 PO Box10263Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818-551-4338

After playing neopets for just over 3 years and having just paid another $69.00 for another year of Premium, my account was frozen for allegedly cheating. I contacted Neopets on their standard frozen form and filled out all the information. I was sure someone had made a mistake. I got an automated response. I replied to this response assuring them I had not cheated and surely would not do something so stupid after paying another $69.00 just to have my account frozen. I am an adult not a child.

This was responded again with an automated response. I have since sent in a frozen form report everyday, only to receive the same automated responses each time. One would think that as one is paying that amount of money, one would expect some form of human contact. I have requested that they explain to me the so-called cheat that was used, but they have obviously declined to respond with an answer that isn't the standard (we can't be bothered with you, automated response).

I was told by the Premium company via telephone, that I could have my Premium account funds transferred to my new Neopets account. Yay, that will suffice until I get my account back. (I was sure I was going to get it back, after all, they had made a mistake). Then I was told, you will have to pay for another Premium account and then we will transfer the old account funds to the new one. WHAT?!!!

I am not kidding here, this is a fact. You must pay for another account. Now, I have a new account, which I have built up over the last month with the help of friends. Today I get a warning from the Neopets Staff, that my new Premium account will be frozen for abusing the trade rules. WHAT?!!! I don't have any trades up!!! Not only that, at the bottom of the warning is a message DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS NEOMAIL. Ok, so how do I refute this accusation? That's right, YOU CAN'T!!!

It amuses me, not, how this company can rave on about scamming and abusing a system, yet they themselves do the very thing they say they are trying to avoid. They scammed me out of more money for Premium and now they are going to freeze me again! So if this happens I will have to pay another amount and then have both my previous amounts transferred. This could be infinite. Good scam!!! Well, I am done.

Be warned, if you buy into Premium Neopets, be prepared to have your money/items/neopets and all your hard work STOLEN, yes, stolen by them, with absolutely no way to contact them for a human response of any substance. Then if you still want to have access to Premium, you have to pay again.

Va

Comments

• St
      4th of Sep, 2008

I have a neopets premium account, i have a powerfull attorney and i will sue anyone trying to scam anything neopets related, thus my complaint is: I CANT READ THE DAMN CODES they print them too damn light stampped print, witch i can read one of the 4 codes iv'e gotten i am pissed to hear this happening, thus: I WILL TRANSFER Mirandala50 my female lv 40 soryu to a diff emailed account set aside for such emergencies like this. Thank you so much for all your info Alen. Contact me also by FFXI: Ryosho Leviathan server.

• Pa
      9th of Sep, 2008

I am not one to raise a fuss, well, maybe I am but my outrage at the treatment I have received form the Neopets Premium service is justified. After having been on the Neopets site for over five years with no problems, I decided to subscribe as a premium member, and paid for one year up front. Two weeks after this subscription started I was logged out in the middle of using the site and when I tried to log back in was told I was frozen because I either logged into a fake log in page or gave out my information, or I was scammed and my account was not being returned to me. I was sure that when I got a real person on the phone this was all going to be straightened out, but boy was I wrong.

I spoke with the premium service the next day and they said they had no say over my account, that I only pay for their email. I explained that I pay for the Super Shop Wizard and lottery tickets, and scratch cards, and a whole host of services provided to the account that they had just locked me out of, and I had paid them for one year of this service. I also explained that Premium had required all of my REAL LIFE information, such as home address, email address, phone number and credit card information and I needed to know how much of that information had been compromised. It has now been three days and I have not as of yet received any information. I had to cancel my credit card, change all of my passwords, and go to the bank to dispute the one year charge for the account they took away after only two weeks, but still no answer.

When I searched the web I found that I am not alone, Neopets does this to a lot of their users. They have you pay money to Premium for a service on Neopets, then they take away the service on Neopets and Premium tells you "Hey, it is not us, we are not Neopets, we are Premium". This si a site run under the company umbrella of Nickelodeon and Viacom and should have more professional business practices so my goal is to help all of us who have been scammed by this site fight back.

If you have received similar treatment form this web site with no resolution please log onto the Better Business Bureau, www.labbb.com and file a complaint against Neopets. Also send a fax to Viacom at (212)258-6464 as they are the parent company of Neopets and should be held responsible for their deceptive business practices. Also share your stories with others so they do not spend money on this service only to have to fight to get it back when they service is terminated.

Neopets security was so poor that my account was compromised, and instead of helping to protect me, they kicked me off of a system I paid for, this is not a site that should be in business, help me spread the word.

• 0 Votes

Hey, hate to say this but ever since Viacom took over neopets and Adam and Donna sold the site it has become completely down hill. You are not alone. Many premium members have been frozen unfairly. Want to know something else, since you are paying for premium you can take it to court to get your money back. Neopets has been sued for unfair freezings and premium members have gotton their money back. I won't name any names but some people have been unfairly frozen several times, and when TNT admits it was their mistake instead of clearing the unfair freezing from their records they keep it and use it against you if you "break" any other rules. I think that if they make a mistake they should clear your record. Neopets is giving a lot of unfair warnings/freezings and suspensions. The funny thing is the nOObs(as we call rule breakers) are not the ones that get frozen and the innocent do. There was even one case where a possible pedophile got frozen but he had to be reported several times before getting frozen. Istead of punishing him they punished the 12 year old child because they did not want neopets to look unsafe(takes away money)

The worst part about getting frozen is not losing your account and neopoints but losing the pets you worked so hard to achieve. I have been reading responses and I would like to respond to others as well. Starting with Steven who posted the first reply.

Steven - I hope you win your case, every since Adam sold Neopets to viacom, there have been a lot of unfair freezings. Why I got frozen because I was telling people not to get premium because of several people being unfairly frozen. Then this Brandon dude said admited I was frozen by him because by telling others not to get premium I was making them lose money.

Patrisha don't expect a response, once TNT realises they are in the wrong or if you ask for proof they ignore you.

I would like to end with one final word, yes getting a human response is better than nothing, but some of these members are so rude and incapable of doing their job properly that an auto response is better.

19th of Jan, 2009

I tried to cancel my subscription with Neopets Premium. I called the Neopets Premium number and sat on hold for several minutes. A message then told me they couldn't take my call and to call back at a later time. I sent an email and was told I needed to call by phone. I have tried to call back two more times. Both times I sat on hold for over 6 minutes and was again was told they couldn't take my call and to call back at a later time. I have repeatedly emailed and repeatedly been told to call. Is this some kind of scam? Has anyone else had an issue like this?

• Tr
      11th of Jul, 2009

I agree as long as I just had a regular account I had no problem once I switch to the premuim account were I purchase many different thing is when the problems started and they froze my account.

• Mi
      6th of Aug, 2009

applaud trevor, i couldnt have put it better myself, how i wish adam and donna were still the owners, was so much nicer, but if you do a web search and see the amount of complaints, the same reason shines through, they ice accounts and state when your'e iced you can make another, why, because for every account they get they get paid, they dont get paid for say my account which was over 7 years before getting froze, so you are allowed to make another, why would they allow this if you are cheating/scamming/abusing, wouldnt they not want a user like that on their site, but everytime you make another kerching, they see dollar signs,

13th of Aug, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0, 2933, 530684, 00.html

I am an attorney that is investigating security issues for minors on neopets. I have noted a story concerning this matter. If anyone has children that play neopets, and experienced any privacy or security issues, please contact me, in confidence, to discuss the matter.

Attorney Joe malley
    dallas, texas

Malleylaw@gmail.com

• Pi
      20th of Aug, 2009

We have an 11 year old son who was recently frozen on Neopets.com for using "bad language". He has Asperger's syndrome and is the sweetest, most polite child...never would he curse or even be rude to anyone...it's just not in his nature. So as a parent I decided to see what was up.

Here is what I found.

While he was visiting a shop trying to buy something to use in his shop he came across a site that was a CG (cookie grabbing) log in page -- a page intended to steal an account for malicious purposes. He wrote to TNT (The Neopets Team) that this was a CG page...and nothing else. He did not submit his information to the page because quite frankly for his protection he is not even aware of his password (he would be only too willing to help someone and lose his account by giving the keys to the castle so to speak). He then went back to trying to stock his shop and within 5 minutes was frozen.

It was at this point that I became involved with his heartbreak...he has cried so much over this, because he was trying to help the site and was punished for it. He does not understand why, but then again neither do we, all his hard work GONE, his belief in people who are suppose to help him GONE. His trust in us for telling him we would get it back for him GONE.

I have written to TNT and gotten absolutely nowhere. They couldn't care less. I have called "support" and been told I (he) can't be helped. I am aware of the impersonal nature of these sites and how money rules their mindset. But try and explain that to a little boy who only wanted to play games and have a sucessful account.

Before putting any child through what he has been through...think.

• Et
      26th of Aug, 2009

"Joe malley" I read the news story. FoxNews is way late reporting that scam. People on NeoPets dealt with that long before Viacom ever bought the site. Account holders are very good at protecting new comers. If anyone tried to post a scam on the boards, it's immediately recognized by the population at large and responses are quicker than lightening. Test it yourself and see what happens.

As far as the other complaints regarding Premium accounts, well, I have no experience with that so I really can't say. I don't have such an account. It does sadden me to see people going through such a frustrating ordeal and not even have a company representative to give the problem respectful consideration. I hope it gets sorted out soon.

12th of Nov, 2010

Wow guys this sucks. I was thinking of getting a premuim acount and now I'm not so sure...

• Go
      13th of Nov, 2010

Three months ago, I thought someone had hacked my account and asked Neopets to check it out. Three days later, I was frozen for my protection. It took 6 weeks to get a response and it took until tonight to find out that I wasn't getting my account back. You see, in 2005 I changed my email address with them. They told me that they were sending the temporary password to the ORIGIONAL email address. Of course, I can't access that address because I deleted it. I've never...and I mean NEVER ..run into such a bunch of thick headed dummies. Trying to talk to them is like banging your head against a brick wall. I'm turning off my add block and making a list of all the companies that advertise on this STUPID site, and I'm going to tell them that their products will never cross my doorstep until they stop supporting a site that treats its patrons like crap. I think we all know that they're going downhill and I'm going to be giggling like a schoolgirl when it happens.

• J1
      31st of Dec, 2010
    NeoPets - Signup Errrs with email addredd

Tonight i tried to sign up my son for neopets but when i got to the email address part it said an error ocurred and the website is not real neopets is a fake site for kids

• Fe
      9th of Mar, 2011

@gomez_adams_02
    I agree with you, it would be nice to see neo knocked on it's [censor].
    That site has been stepping on us for too many years as it is!

• Ne
      20th of May, 2011

first my firsr account was hacked and taking overi reported it and i never got a reply back so i reported it again and tey told me that ince the person has not loged in in a while thy ciuld not give me my account i lost 6million nps and 2million nps in items.second account i was frozen unfairly too i told someone who was trying to scam me and was hassing me i was reporting them and they frozen me and i never got any warnings before that. all i did was tell tem i was reporting them.my third account was hacked aslo and someone posted a message in german and i told them i dont speak german or write in german so it was not me and they refuse to unslience my account so i sent a message i hope the site gets shut dont and they frozen that account and another side account

• Ne
      13th of Aug, 2011

Neopets are liars!!!
    Unfortunately, they have the monopoly of being one sided and no matter what you do, their decision is final. Oh... forget about being fair and being a simple mistake etc, etc, and as for their comments that state that neo-users have done this or that and they have proof, well I know for a fact that they are lying.
    Fancy challenging that Neo?... Uh!... Thought not because you falsify things and you're very welcome to prove otherwise, providing you don't lie of course!
    Neopets... LIARS and CHEATS

• Be
      28th of Sep, 2011

every time i create an account in two days time it has been deleted now fix it please

betcam

• Gu
      25th of Nov, 2011

Neopets blows! I can not get a live person and have been trying now on their phone numbers since October 2008! I filed a complaint with my credit card company to get the charges reversed for the premium account but Neopets keeps giving them a copy of my user contract and it gets put back on. Why is it I can not reach a live individual at this company!? I'm tempted to close my credit card account just to get away from them billing me but I don't know if I want that ding to my credit. STAY AWAY FROM NEOPETS!

• Sy
      17th of Dec, 2011

Neopets premium has frozen my daughter's account that she has worked so hard to build on. She has over 100 dollars in neocash cards that she purchased to use with the account only to have it be stolen by Neopets Premium. We would like to get our original Neopets account back, but are unable to do this. If anyone has any advice on this, please let us know. My daughter is sick about this!

• Ju
      4th of Aug, 2013

I used to be a loyal neopets user for several years but am finally growing tired of the poor customer service that is riddled on this site currently. The warnings I have received were completely unfair and I find it even more ridiculous how quickly you can get a hold of someone through the "report a user" ticket within 10 minutes but cannot get an actual person through their completely malfunctioning ticket site for several days to weeks. I used to love how family oriented the site was, and how nice it felt to be able to browse and maneuver the site in a community setting (unlike other internet websites). Currently, however, the site moderators are completely out of control. They do not treat their players like valued customers and instead abuse their power as much as they can. I have seen someone be bullied on the forums and yet have seen someone else completely innocent be warned for stating "please stop".

I will never support neopets in any way financially and am considering quitting the website even after over a decade of loyalty. The site is dying. Something has to change.

• Ca
      19th of Aug, 2013

I just got charged for neopets premium. I was very surprised considering my account was froze almost two years ago. I tried the number for neopets premium and it does not work anymore. I have no way of getting a hold of them. I did dispute the charge on my credit card but I have no clue what else to do. I am not sure if anyone else has this problem or not. If someone does have a current number to get a hold of them would love to have it as can not find one online.