Nature's Best Acai Berry / fraud/false credit card charges

1 20100 S. Vermont Ave.Torrence, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-407-1022

While on the Internet, I came across an offer for a FREE sample of Acai Berries. I decided to give it a try. AFTER filling out a form, I was informed that there would be a shipping cost of $4.99, so I gave them a credit card number. Then on the same website, a page came up welcoming me to the FitFactory and stating that I would be charged a fee of $29.95 per month, and that I had also agreed to a 21-day trial of Cost Smasher, which would be another $2.95 per month! I did not sign up or agree to any of these things! Before leaving the website I left this message:
"I hereby CANCEL my trial order for Nature's Best Acai Berry and the FitFactory order that piggybacked on it without my knowledge. ANY charge to my credit card will be protested and considered FRAUD! The Better Business Bureau will be notified about your deceptive practices. I will not be responsible for paying for either product.
Norma Hamm"
I received the product anyway, and my credit card has been charged.

More Nature's Best Acai Berry Complaints & Reviews

Comments

27th of Feb, 2009
    Nature's Best Acai Berry - unauthorized charge
    Nature's Best
    Maine

I ordered a 30 day sample of Nature's Best Acai Berry for the advertised cost of shipping at $4.99. Now I have a $79.00 charge against my account. I did not authorize this charge and wish to have this charge removed from my account.

• Bo
      27th of Feb, 2009

Thats because you are a ###.

Found on this website:

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    PURE ACAI BERRIES
    Oak Hill, West Virginia

I AM 61 YRS OLD AND WHAT A FOOL I WAS, TO FALL FOR SUCH A SCAM AS THIS COMPANY HAS, ONE MINUTE AFTER I HAD FILLED IN THE FORM AND GAVE THEM MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER, I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM... I CALLED MY BANK AND TRIED TO HAVE THE PAYMENT STOPPED, THEY WOULD NOT DO THIS FOR ME.. I WAS TOLD CANCEL YOUR ORDER OR YOUR DEBIT CARD... I HAD ALREADY READ THAT YOU COULD NOT CANCEL THE ORDERS, FROM READING COMPLAINTS, ONLINE..SO I HAD TO CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD... I COULD NOT LOOSE ANY BIG AMTS . OF MONEY..
    MY SON WORKS FOR THE FBI, AND WHEN I CALLED HIM, AND TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED, HE SAID TURN IT IN TO THE FBI, MOM..SO I BEGAN MY PLAN, I CALLED THE NUMBER AND ON THE SECOND TIME THEY ANSWERED, I TOLD THEM HOW ANGRY I WAS TO BE SCAMMED, AND THAT I HAD ALREADY CANCELLED MY CARD, THEY COULD NOT CHARGE ME ANYMORE, I INFORMED THEM I WAS TURNING THIS IN TO THE FBI.. AND THE NEXT 2 DAYS, THEY CALLED ME ON THE PHONE, FIRST TWO CALLES I DIDN'T ANSWER, NOT KNOWING WHO IT WAS, THIRD CALL I PICK UP ON.. THEY ASK FOR ME BY NAME AND ASK ME IF I KNEW THAT I WAS ENROLLING IN THEIR CLUB, WHEN I ASK FOR THE FREE SAMPLE, I SAID NO, NO.. AND REMINDED HIM THEY COULD NOT GET ANYMORE MONEY FROM ME... I THEN EMAILED THEM WITH THE FACTS THAT I DISCOVERED ON THEIR WEBSITS, WITH PROOF THAT THEY WERE SCAMMING PEOPLE... WELL THE NEXT DAY THEY CHANGED THEIR SITES.. REMOVING SOME PICTURES OF A GIRL CLAIMING TO BE TWO PEOPLE WITH THE SAME STORY OF WEIGHT LOSS.. BUT I HAD ALREADY COPIED THESE PAGES.. AND ALSO COPIED THE LATER, WHICH I AM TURNING OVER TO THE FBI.. I FEEL FOR ALL YOU, JUST AS I FELT FOR MYSELF, KNOWING WHAT THOSE KINDS OF WITHDRAWALS FROM MY MONEY, WOULD KILL ME.. I FEEL VERY GLAD THAT WHEN I STOPPED MY DEBIT CARD THE 5.95 WAS THEN PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT, BUT I PAID 30.00 DOLLARS TO STOP MY CARD... I WANT THIS MONEY BACK FROM PURE ACAI BERRY... PLEASE STOP YOUR CARDS FOLKS ... WE NEED TO STOP THESE SCAMS..

Also on this website:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

28th of Feb, 2009

Then, not only do they use a Celebrity name on their website to sell their bogus product but this morning someone said they are now using a fake Amazon.com website to sell it!

BUYER BEWARE!

• Mi
      20th of Mar, 2009
    Nature's Best Acai Berry - unauthorizes charge
    Nature's Best
    Reno
    Nevada

The company posted an unauthorized charge to my credit card of $79.96 after I had requested and received a free sample of Nature's Best Acai Berry Supplement. I did agree to shipping and handling charges of $4.99 but then 2 weeks later the unauthorized charges showed up on my charge card statement.

• Ca
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I ordered this product as well. Not only did they charge my account for the $79.96, but they also charged me $29.95, and $2.95 for some other things they said I ordered. (I did not). So I called and for over an hour I fought with them to refund my money and I would send their stupid pills back to them. But of course, their computer was still trying to download a confirmation number and they said they will email me the confirmation number. I won't hold my breath for that. The funny thing is each transaction on my statement has a different phone number but I got the same person. One of these numbers was in Nevada, and the others were in Utah. There really needs to be a law against this. I learned a valuable lesson. I will never do this again.