Nature's Best Acai Berry Supplement / fraud

1 IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 877 495 1182

I was made aware today that my credit card was being charged for a monthly fee of $85.91 for a product that I was only aware I was trying for free with a $ 4.99 shippment charge. The Company, Nature's Best Acai Berry Supplement, is now impossible to find online, and doesn't send any statements or information on how to contact them about their product. And still more frightening to me, is that they give your credit card information to two of their subsidiary companies, Cost Smashers ( [protected]) and Fit Factor ([protected]), and enroll you in their monthly programs and fees as well. Where does this end? I'm not sure. What I do know is that today, March 17, 2009, you are able to contact this company at [protected]. My advice to anyone having probems with this company is to do your best to contact them and cancel all the information they have on you, and to contact your credit card company to file fraud charges. ALSO, have a new card with a new number sent to you to ensure the fraudulent charges STOP!

Comments

• Tr
      13th of Feb, 2009
    Nature's Best Acai Berry Supplement - Charged for additional product, eight days after receiving 30 day Free Trial
    Amir and Sanchez Neutraceuticals, LLC
    20100 S. Vermont Avenue
    Torrance
    California

I purchased a 30 day free trail of Acai Berry Diet Supplement, I received it on Feb. 4th 2009. I was then charged $79.96 for additional product on Feb. 12th 2009. I was not even time to cancel any more product.

• Ju
      13th of Feb, 2009

Most of these Acai Berry sites that sell a "free trial, " of their product, do say that you have X amount of days to call and cancel from the date you gave them your card number. Whether you've recieved the product or not, by then, they WILL CHARGE YOU, since they do not show you called to cancel within the X amount of days. These sites/companies pretty much count on people NOT to read the "fine print." They hope you will just keep clicking submit, continue, and OK all the way to the end without reading much more, than those buttons. If you go to a site that says "FREE TRIAL, " and then a page or two later they're asking for a card number, checking acct number, and a routing number, DON'T TYPE A THING... THEY WILL MORE THAN LIKELY CHARGE YOU SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE. Read the fine print, print the fine print for your records BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM ANY FORM OF PAYMENT. If you cancel BEFORE the trial period ends, be sure to get a cancel confirmation number, take note of the date, and get the name of the person you spoke to, this will help your financial institution if they will try to dispute your charge. If the merchant has all of their terms posted out there and you the consumer are in too much of a rush to receive your "free trial" of the world's latest/greatest product and you DON'T READ THE FINE PRINT... YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED EVERY PENNY.

• Co
      13th of Feb, 2009

On Behalf of Nature's Best Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our 14-day risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offer an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If you have changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Li
      14th of Mar, 2009

I too feel as if I have been taken by this same company. I have tried for days to reach them by phone to cancel and, request a refund of the 79.96 as the product actually made me ill. I was told that I could not have a refund, could not return the product and could not speak with a supervisor.
    I am going to report this to my credit union with whom I have my cc so we will see what happens but I truly feel this is a scam whether or not it is in the small print...