Natures ACAI Berry / fraudulent marketing/business practices

A.S.N. LLC, Amir and Sanchez Mktg, Nature's Acai B
20100 S. Vermont Ave.
Phone: 1.800.983.7968 (Don't Bother)
I placed an order for the free trial of Acai from these people also.

AFTER entering my CC info, they sprung the "terms agreement" of :

1. ongoing monthly automatic Acai shipment at $85.91 per month, PLUS
2. some OTHER membership thing called Fit Factory for ANOTHER $29.95 per month, PLUS
3. some OTHER thing called Cost Smashers for $2.95 per month.

There are 3 separate numbers to cancel these 3 separate little piggybacks.
Thank God I emailed it to myself to read it, since it didn't show until AFTER they had my card #.

When I call to cancel this it either:
1. Hangs up without ringing
2. Comes on with a voice recording which says please hold, then proceeds to fritz the connection and disconnect
3. Never rings at all.

It is very clear that these people don't WANT to be contacted.

So I have called my bank and cancelled the CC; Thank God no further charges seem to have been made so far.

This company is named Natures Acai Berry,

Their return shipping address is:
20100 S. Vermont Ave.
Torrance, CA 90502

I notice that their name apparently USED to be 'Natures Best Acai Berry', they're apparently trying to dodge their own fallout..

This stuff is distributed by an outfit named:

Amir and Sanchez Neutraceuticals
5425 E. Broadway Rd #282
Tucson, AZ 85711

By the way, this stuff has ALMOST NO Acai berry in it; It actually consists of:

Chromium (Metabolic booster)
Green Tea Extract (High in Caffeine) 225 mg
EGCG (A component of Green Tea which suppresses allergic reactions!!!) 135 mg
Caffeine 200 mg
Acai berry extract 50 mg!!! (Must have squeezed a single berry over the vat)
L-Theanine (Another Green Tea component) 8 mg

So- What it REALLY is, is Chromium, Green Tea, Caffeine and a tad of Acai.

What rot.

I am posting this here hoping it will help somebody else NOT get taken...

A  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
after reading about this scam i got very nervous, i had fallen for their hype and had signed up for their so called free trial!!! i immediately e-mailed them to the only e-mail adress i could find on the receipt "support@aciaburn.com" only for the e-mail to come back as it was unable to connect with the server!!! so ive been to my bank and cancelled my card hopefully this will stop any funds being taken from my bank. these scamsters should not be allowed to trade anymore is there no way of stopping them?
N  16th of Apr, 2009 by

Natures ACAI Berry - unautherized use of credit card

ffree trial offer -just pay shipping 4.99, they took several payments including 4.99 plus 79.96 plus29.95 plus 85.91 plus 2.95 all on a free trial ???? whats going on with that?? i hope they get nailed to the wall!
A  29th of Apr, 2009 by
I too fell into this trap but after cancelling month and a half earlier, they continued to bill my Credit Card for all the other subscriptions plus the Acai-Berry too!! I finally had enough. I called them up and after many minutes of discussion and arguing, I threatened to report them to the Federal Trade Commission. I'm still going to do this. I have just copied my Credit Card company with all the communication info and what the company has agreed to give me back credit to my Credit Card account for the full purchases and subscriptions and other frivalous charges. This company is a scam. Beware. You do not get a free trial period. The trial period starts the day you purchase it. If you receive a week later, you only have 7 days to try and cancell too. They guarantee 100% money back guarantee if not satisfied and that is what I got them on besides the threat to report them to the FTC. I hope no one else gets scammed.

A  29th of Apr, 2009 by
I totally agree. Same scam used on me. Forwarded my complaint to my Credit Card company and have gotten the company to credit my account for full products, services, subscriptions... and what you called piggy-back add ons. Everyone needs to send FTC (Federal Trade Commision) a letter about this companies tactics...
N  1st of May, 2009 by

Natures ACAI Berry - cancellation
Joyce Rolland
985 Charlemagne Blvd

I recived my trial gift. I am cancelling any further orders you may have inferred by my ordering the trial gift. My order number is AMI14592897, dated 3/31/09. My account number is 348340, reference #2R17054827. I DO NOT WANT ANY FURTHER SHIPMENTS. Thank you.

Could you e-mail me a confirmation number.
A  18th of May, 2010 by
I fell prey this this scam as well. They also have a sister company called avanced cleans and I was charged $149. + dollars. I cancelled the product and sent back the unused product and expected a full refund. Product got sent to california which I googled 20010 S Vermont Ave, Torrence, Ca 90502 Looks like a parking lot. Called visa and they are not sure they can help me. I feel like I have been double scammed. I thought you are protected from fraudulent charges when using a credit card. What's up with that? Very unhappy. lc from MA