Natures ACAI Berry / 14 DAY FREE TRIAL RIP OFF

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-983-7968

NATURE'S ACAI 14 FREE TRIAL IS A SCAM!!! 14 days really is only 4!!!

It took them 10 days of the 14 day free trial for me to receive the product even though it also took them 6 days to charge my account. They claim they will ship the product 24 hours within the time you place the order. Instead they waited 6 days AFTER I placed the order to charge my account. So, you mean to tell me that they shipped the product prior to me paying for the postage? How does this make sense? When I called to cancel the "membership" they said I was already 3 days past the 14 day free trial...to simplify:

Feb 3rd: placed order, 14 day free trial begins
Feb 9th: (day 6 of 14) credit card charged $4.99/shipping
Feb 14th: (day 11 of 14) received product
Feb 17th: (day 14 of 14)unaware 14 day free trial ends
Feb 20th: (11 days after cc was charged, 6 days after receiving product) charged $79.96 for NEXT 30 day supply that I have NOT received and won't for 30 days AFTER the original order was shipped.

SCAM!!! They will not help you, the customer service reps are difficult to understand and keep repeating themselves over and over stating that I should have read the terms of offer. Clearly they are on a mission to NOT reimburse/satisfy their customers. I keep seeing the same 800# on all these posts along with apologizes from Nature's Acai representatives. they will not help you or satisfy your needs.

DO NOT fall for this scam unless you are willing to spend the additional $79.96 when the 14, actual 4, day free trial is up.

JA

Comments

• Mi
      27th of Feb, 2009

The main thing is that you do not see the disclosure at the bottom of the page that you are agreeing to joining 3 different programs. If you missed this and are billed then take the hit because it is not a scam but a deceptive business practice. There is a website where you can cancel your subscriptions ---- http://natures-acai.com/ I just reported my credit card lost or stolen. They issue a new number and they will not be able to charge you in the future. I received an invoice with my order and the 1-800-983-7968 phone # wqas on it along with my member number and order number. I hope you saved all this info if you want to stop it before you are charged. They also provided a return label so i may return same. I was lucky not to get charged more that the $4.95 for shipping. My order came on the 10th day. Two days earlier I was searching the net for a website when these complaint sites appeared. After reading, I lost my credit card. I then found the aforementioned website and emailed them to cancel any future shipments and advised them I lost my credit card and reported same. So far I have not heard from them. I will keep all informed here when I get a response. Good Luck!

• La
      27th of Feb, 2009

Good Info Mike! Will keep this info going for other Consumers that have been scammed...

• La

Pure Acai Berries
    Posted: 2009-02-11 by sam

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    PURE ACAI BERRIES
    Oak Hill, West Virginia

I AM 61 YRS OLD AND WHAT A FOOL I WAS, TO FALL FOR SUCH A SCAM AS THIS COMPANY HAS, ONE MINUTE AFTER I HAD FILLED IN THE FORM AND GAVE THEM MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER, I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM... I CALLED MY BANK AND TRIED TO HAVE THE PAYMENT STOPPED, THEY WOULD NOT DO THIS FOR ME.. I WAS TOLD CANCEL YOUR ORDER OR YOUR DEBIT CARD... I HAD ALREADY READ THAT YOU COULD NOT CANCEL THE ORDERS, FROM READING COMPLAINTS, ONLINE..SO I HAD TO CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD... I COULD NOT LOOSE ANY BIG AMTS . OF MONEY..
    MY SON WORKS FOR THE FBI, AND WHEN I CALLED HIM, AND TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED, HE SAID TURN IT IN TO THE FBI, MOM..SO I BEGAN MY PLAN, I CALLED THE NUMBER AND ON THE SECOND TIME THEY ANSWERED, I TOLD THEM HOW ANGRY I WAS TO BE SCAMMED, AND THAT I HAD ALREADY CANCELLED MY CARD, THEY COULD NOT CHARGE ME ANYMORE, I INFORMED THEM I WAS TURNING THIS IN TO THE FBI.. AND THE NEXT 2 DAYS, THEY CALLED ME ON THE PHONE, FIRST TWO CALLES I DIDN'T ANSWER, NOT KNOWING WHO IT WAS, THIRD CALL I PICK UP ON.. THEY ASK FOR ME BY NAME AND ASK ME IF I KNEW THAT I WAS ENROLLING IN THEIR CLUB, WHEN I ASK FOR THE FREE SAMPLE, I SAID NO, NO.. AND REMINDED HIM THEY COULD NOT GET ANYMORE MONEY FROM ME... I THEN EMAILED THEM WITH THE FACTS THAT I DISCOVERED ON THEIR WEBSITS, WITH PROOF THAT THEY WERE SCAMMING PEOPLE... WELL THE NEXT DAY THEY CHANGED THEIR SITES.. REMOVING SOME PICTURES OF A GIRL CLAIMING TO BE TWO PEOPLE WITH THE SAME STORY OF WEIGHT LOSS.. BUT I HAD ALREADY COPIED THESE PAGES.. AND ALSO COPIED THE LATER, WHICH I AM TURNING OVER TO THE FBI.. I FEEL FOR ALL YOU, JUST AS I FELT FOR MYSELF, KNOWING WHAT THOSE KINDS OF WITHDRAWALS FROM MY MONEY, WOULD KILL ME.. I FEEL VERY GLAD THAT WHEN I STOPPED MY DEBIT CARD THE 5.95 WAS THEN PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT, BUT I PAID 30.00 DOLLARS TO STOP MY CARD... I WANT THIS MONEY BACK FROM PURE ACAI BERRY... PLEASE STOP YOUR CARDS FOLKS ... WE NEED TO STOP THESE SCAMS..

• Co

Lunaprrr7 and Mike,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns you may have had during the shipping of your order. Thousands of orders are received every day and our agents do their best to ensure that all mailing addresses have been properly entered, but occasionally a mistake might be made. For this issue, we apologize. Feel free to contact our customer service representatives at the listed number (1-800-983-7968). Our agents will be more than happy to look up your order and verify that the address has been entered correctly and then reship you our fat-burning Nature's Acai Berry Supplement. They will also be able to extend your trial period! Furthermore, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

Lastly for Lake,

Please note that your post has no relevance to the company being discussed here in. You have posted a complaint by "Sam" about a completely different company that Nature's Acai Berry has no affiliation with. While we can understand that there are many companies out there, we do not desire our superior product or our outstanding customer service to be mistaken for those of another company. Nor, mind you, do we wish for Nature's Acai to be misperceived due to false complaints. Hopefully, those who view this site will recognize your mistake. Thank you.

• Lu
      4th of Mar, 2009

ONE MONTH SINCE ORIGINAL ORDER...CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES...

Still no success with asking for a refund or extension for the 14 day trial even though the COMPANY EMPLOYEE above had suggested such a thing. Although charged for the product 2 weeks ago, I have yet to receive it. They will still not refund the $79.96 even though the product isn't in my possession.

They continue to hang up when they do not have the answers. The customer service reps kept talking in circles and had ZERO answers when I asked for dates of shipping and conformation numbers from the USPS. They only offered the order conf#. They had ZERO proof of shipment. Being in retail, I know that all shipping co's have a shipping conf# with all packages up to and including the United States Postal Service. Again...click...they hang up. BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!

The last thing before getting hung up on again was that there wasn't anything they could do about me not receiving the product. Just to continue waiting to see if maybe I might get it and to give them a ring when I do/don't get it to see what they might do next. When I asked for the answer...they hung up...again.

Clearly this is an on going problem as I overheard the same run around being communicated to others by neighboring customer service workers while I was "on hold". I ask all to NOT give up and demand your money back!!!

• To
      12th of Mar, 2009

I got the same run around with the product. Ordered on Feb 10 didnt recieve until March 1. In between time I called the customer service dept and was then given a date of March 15th to cancel my order. On March 11 my acct was charged not once but twice. Once for the trial bottle and once for the next bottle in the shipment. I didnt even get the chance to cancel before they started charging. I called and got the run around from a rep and was then given to a superviser who told me that it was in the fine print and there was nothing I could do about getting my money back. Did I mention that the charges caused my acct to be overdrawn and the bank charged me 35 for each of the transactions that was affected. There were 5. I hope to get some reaction from a letter i will write to the office in New York but probably wont.

• Bl
      13th of Mar, 2009

The same thing happened to me, I noticed that 79.95 dollars was being taken out of my account without my concent and as far as i know that is ILLEGAL!!! Varies charges were put on my account. I only received 1 bottle of the crap for almost 300 dollars, it is a big scam!!! i called the company and complained more like lite a fire under their ### and i am expecting to get a refund check in the mail. if you have problems or have i suggest printing out the origianl copy of your order suggested and your checkings account records and bring them to the local police department. you'll get your money back!!!

• Ka
      14th of Mar, 2009

Will not help with anything.They only have 1 line sorry I can't help you.You should have read terms.
    They are big scammers.They can't speak english.DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

• Jn
      16th of Mar, 2009

Same thing has happened to us. The above comments are accurate with Kathy's summation being the most succinct.

JnJ

• Bo
      16th of Mar, 2009

WOW, I'M GLAD I READ THIS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ORDER THIS, ESPECIALLY AFTER MY CO-WORKER TOLD ME ABOUT IT BEING ON TV AND OPRAH LIKED IT...SHE EVEN PRINTED OUT THE PAPERS FOR ME...OOOH THANKS FOR THE POSTING ...AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO OYU GUYS THAT WERE SCAMMED!!! THEY SHALL HAVE THEIR DAY...THEY WILL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR SUCH BEHAVOIR!!

• Ha
      22nd of Mar, 2009

Sometimes when Im sad I scrape my balls with a cheese grater until they are red and chaffed. Then I rub salt and gas on them. It burns so bad I soon forget about my other problems.

• Lu
      22nd of Mar, 2009

Thanks for the the words of wisdom Harry-"butkrak"! Without this knowledge, I'm not quite sure I would have been able to handle my problems without you sharing such advice.

Anyway, to all those that are dealing with this situation, I disputed the charge with my bank as I never received the product and still haven't to this day...a month later. In the terms of use it states that you will receive the product 30 days after they ship you the "trial period product". It's been 1 1/2 months. As of right now...I'm winning. I suggest that ya'll try it as well. Good luck!!!

22nd of Mar, 2009

Oh I agree with the rest of you, I cancelled mine without problem. I'm sorry you all had this grief. But just a suggestion on the ACAI, they do carry an ACAI product at GNC. I just bought some for $12. Try that instead if you like. Good Luck and really sorry SO many people got burned.