Nationstar Mortgage / liars/cheats/crooks

1 OREGON, United States Review updated:

To anyone who is having issues with Nationstar Mortgage or by the above DBA-Names above, please contact me. I'm sure all of our stories are the same. This company is BAD. I've got my State Congressman and his office involved. I've got Nationstar Department Head's email addresses/phone numbers and all contact info. I have advice to all of you on what to do. Draft letters and send them. We are fighting them and won't give up.

1 year and 2 months now we have been in modification hell. Flagstar sold us out in our last month of the trial. Its been almost one year with Nationstar, then they pulled the usual...no paperwork, no this, no that, etc. and then came the foreclosure notice...that was a few weeks ago. The story is changing now, since I've sent out the letters and got my congressman involved, now Nationstar is calling us! Yes, we actually have a Rep, with a real phone number and a real email address! Amazing, I know. But what we did seemed to work. I would like to try and help all of you.

I have too much info to tell you in this board's format, so please email me if you would like my "free" advice on what we are doing. Perhaps if we all do the same thing they won't get away with it.

We've actually seen some movement in our dealings with them since I contacted some State Reps and Head's of Fannie Mae. We'll wait and see, of course, it can change overnight with Nationstar. However, I do think that I've got some tactics that may help some of you. You also need to send Nationstar a QWR letter. Be careful though, it needs to be worded CORRECT or they don't have to respond to it. There are some key words you need to include in order for it to legally stand up in court. You also send a CC to everyone on my list of names. I'll give you all copies of what I have and you can fill in your name/etc. and send out your own.

It's a start, and it does get their attention. Let's GANG UP ON THESE JERKS! Stand up and fight people! Or they WILL Take your home.

Next steps to follow...via email.

my email is: dhanson@techie.com

Feel free to contact me if you like. - don't worry, i'm not a weirdo and I'm not selling anything. I'm just sick of Nationstar's crap and I need more support to fight them.

Not Going Down In Oregon!

Comments

• Ta
      25th of Jun, 2010

Why modify when you can use their fraud to your benefit. My mortgage can not be found in the mortgage servicing pools. It was there for 9 months and then disappeared. We have been paying for 6 years on a mortgage that vanished. Now they will have to answer for their actions as they have no claim. If you would like to know more about how I obtained this information my email is cresidoencasa@yahoo.com

25th of Jun, 2010

Well "Taking control" I see you've been active on the board posting comments after various complaint posts. For starters, it costs money to start a lawsuit, at the very least it takes time. Most of which any of us have at the present time! Remember? We are in foreclosure or close to being in foreclosure. If any of us had the money to plop down as a retainer on a attorney we would probably be using it to get current on our mortgages or hire an attorney to file bankruptcy. Furthermore, your case sounds like a 1 in a million chance drawing! A mortgage company or servicer rarely looses a mortgage, let alone the investor or investors! So, good luck to you on your lawsuit. You should have no problem with it since you are apparently VERY lucky to begin with.

Thanks

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST
    We got our mod offer as of two days ago. Nationstar actually called us with the offer. Gee? I wonder why? hahahaha - I guess all the letters we wrote and people we contacted about their treatment to us worked!

The offer is good for 30 days and now we are in the negotiation stages. The mod actually looks good. Interest rate drop for 5 years, down to 2%, with 1% increase every year and a cap at 4% at 5% for the life of the loan. Just waiting to see what fees/charges/amounts they will be tacking on. Thats where the negotiation starts and that's where keeping every piece of correspondence with them comes in. Wish us luck!

25th of Jun, 2010

I hope your luck holds out but based on what most people say about their trial mod I would not count on them holding up their end. I am not lucky, just did my due diligence to not modify fraud and I am just as broke as you. I do not have an attorney but have decided to learn what I need to do as no one can care more for my situation than anyone else. And as for losing the mortgage, the auditing firm says this is very common in what they are finding. They have found a mortgage that had over 1, 000 investors in it, are you not aware of default swaps? Here is a CBS 60 minutes video that would be to your benefit to watch and learn just what is really going on in the mortgage backed securities. They bet that you will default on the mortgage so they win if you pay and they win if you don't. Clinton deregulated gambling laws which allowed this. The video explains it all if you dare watch. Good Luck!

Some more good reading.

29th of Jun, 2010

Well the one on securitization diagram has been removed, but the other is great reading

• Ke
      18th of Oct, 2010

I would like to know why nationstar mortage company will not send me anymore statements now that my bankrup. is complete.they say it is company policy. why? we dont have a right to know where we stand anymore?also makes a lot easier to send in the payment. (kevint1700@yahoo.com )

• Yo
      15th of Nov, 2010

enjoy your government bail out notgoingdown_without_a_fight. Try living within your means.

23rd of Dec, 2010

you people do understand that mortgage companies (i've worked for numerous) are controled by the investors of your loan, ie fanniemae etc. fanniemae tells us how and what qualifies for what... you need to research a little more, these are not rules made up by these companies...

• Jn
      24th of Dec, 2010

Dear "anonymous chick":
    Nationstar in my case can straighten out my credit record with all three reporting agencies and they REFUSE TO DO SO. They made a mistake, corrected their records, but are still telling the credit bureaus that I was delinquent 2 months in a row! I have disputed 3 times! This has kept me from getting any loans with anyone else but them!!! And, it gives them leverage to offer me whatever they want. So, please do not quote like you know what you are talking about. Nationstar is bending the rules to suit themselves and have made a nice fortune doing so -- as well as ruining other innocent people in their wake!

• Gl
      11th of Jan, 2011

I was an Amtrust customer without ANY problems, then I have had nothing BUT problems since Nationstar
    took over my account. They have given me a run around each time I call, now they have not even posted a
    payment I made to my loan! Also watch out, they will not put the overage you give them toward Pure Principle at time of payment, to you in full. They treat it as if it is a regular payment with interest deducted. HOW does one get out of this terrible companies grip. HELP lgray59@yahoo, thanks

• Th
      5th of Feb, 2011

Hi, I have had an attorney working on my case against Nationstar. When I got my loan the loan was for a fixed rate laon. Interest rate was a little high, but I was happy to pay it for a fixed loan. Also at the end of signing the paperwork they had a person come in and tell me about away I could pay off my loan sooner. It was with a bi-monthly pyment plan so I signed the paper work and started making my payment which by the way was taken out of my checking account every 14 days 1/2 half of house payment. After three years of paying on th loan, I got notice that the loan was now a loan that was ajustable. When I got in touch with then they said I had signed a loan fr a three year fixed rate and then it was ajustable with Interest rate as high as 15%. When I got my loan out to look at it they had changed the loan and My sinagure was only in one place and all the pages that had my inl., was blank. I told them I wanted a copy of the loan with my sinagure and inls. Whan I received this copy the inls., on the loan papers were not mine. MY lawyer has been working for 2 years on this. This company is no good they call you a lairer, to your face I have been to court twice and the last time in October 2010, The judge said she thought Nationstar needed to get a hand writing expert to see if the inls., were mine or someone else as I said. They were given a 30 day extention. As of today Feb. 4, 2011 we still have not heard anything else.My car broke down and I needed a new car No one would give me aloan because of Nationstar they have reported my house is in foreclosure. I hope that soon someone will give this company what they have coming to them. I also hope that everybody they have cheated will rise up and give them what fore as I am.

• Te
      8th of Apr, 2011

I have a question: Does NationStar have an "Executive Dept" that handles customer complaints? I just called Wells Fargo Executive Customer Svce Dept - and got some answers. These banks THINK THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT - we have to stay informed. So if anyone has names, numbers at Nation Star - POST THEM FOR EVERYONE! THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!! We are the 99% that controls everything - LETS START ACTING LIKE IT!!! Pass on INFORMATION - If I help you, I AM HELPING MYSEL[censored] If anyone know's of someone who needs help with WELLS FARGO CALL: 866.249.3302 MR JOHN STUMPF OFFICE. This is the Executive Ofc - they can shake things up. ***please pass on any names and numbers at NATION STAR**. Also, I have a number of a "bankruptcy attorney in NY who does it for CHEAP!!!

• De
      20th of Apr, 2011

Your story about modification and NationStar and FlagStar sound almost identical with mine.
    FlagStar sold my mortgage to NationStar a month before the modification was to go in place.
    I had to redo the modification with NationStar (sent tons of documentation). I have had to send them
    the same documents over 4-5 times this past year, I am also getting a notice stating that I owe them almost $50, 000
    in back pay. It states that "Nationstar intends to enforce the previsions of the Note and Security Instrument." Whatever that means.
    They also state that I am in default and I have to respond within 30 days or else. I have responded each time asking Nationstar
    to send my original loan docs and a detail accounting as to how they came up with the amount of $50, 000. I never get any
    responds from them. But within 2-3 month I get the same notice stating I owe more and I need to respond within 30 days.
    I also explain to them that I never signed contract or loan docs with them. I am tired of this process over and over again.
    I have done everything that has been asked of me and some. What else can I do? I went into default after FlagStar added an escrow account to my mortgage because I was late
    on my property taxes. FlagStar said because I was late they had a right to add $700.00 more to my mortgage payment. Which increased it
    from $2100 to $2800 a month. I was never late on my mortgage payment until it went to $2800. My property taxes were $2400 a year but FlagStar
    was going to charge me $8400(per year) to my escrow account. Then during the modification process sold my loan to NationStar.
    I bought my home in 2002 through Country Wide. We refined with FlagStar in 2007. NationStar took over in 2009. I've had the modification
    since February 2010. hope you can help me with what I should do next!!
    Denise

• Jk
      12th of May, 2011

They bought my mortgage a couple of years ago and I have had nothing but problems with them. They keep charging me for Homeower's insurance although I have my own. It is impossible to talk to the same person as they just give a general number with no way to get to a specific extension. I have had State Farm send them proof of my insurance two years in a row and Nationwide continues to try to charge me over $4000/yr for the policy that they bought. I have spent hours over the last three months trying to get this resolve with them. So far, it has not been. I sent them an email today and demanded that this be resolved immediately. My next step is a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and their regulatory agency.

• Jk
      12th of May, 2011

Nationstar bought a mortgage a couple of years ago and we continue to have problems with them. They have purchased homeowers insurance for us and billed us although I have had our insurance company send them proof of coverage both years. I have spent hours trying to get this resolved with them and have talked to several people - can't get the same person although the last one gave me her extension there is no way to get to her. I sent an email complaint to them today and will see what happens next. If not resolved, I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the regulatory agency.

• Ra
      16th of Aug, 2011

It just cost me 8000 dollars for a lawyer to show nationstar they had made a mistake in their book keeping so it doesnt matter what you do some how they will end up costing you money. Guess I should have just paid the 3000 dollars they made the mistake on and let it go.

• Na
      18th of Aug, 2011

I have never even heard of Nationstar! My house was foreclosed on March 31, 2011. We are currently in the "redemption period" and are staying here until we're officially kicked out. Credit's ruined, everything's upside down, no idea where we're going to go, etc. Then we get a letter last week from Nationstar (our loan was thru Indymac Bank, who went bankrupt themselves and sold our mtg to One West Bank) saying that Fannie Mae has foreclosed on our home and we now owe them $17, 000 in foreclosure fees. Um...do they think we just had $17k lying around and chose to not use it so we could lose our house??!! Are we obligated to pay this???

• Lo
      17th of Sep, 2011

nationstar are crooks they are stressing my father out with this change of mortage company its not only him its all of us writing the emails that thinking this really going to work lets all post youtube videos to voice our opions lets fight back . p.s i would like to hear from you email me at louiesnursery3@yahoo.com

• Mo
      23rd of Sep, 2011

I agree, Nationstar is horrible! We have been trying to work things out with them now for months. They call and call, but the calls are always computer generated and when you answer it's a machine...probably done so they can say they tried to contact you about your account. We call and call and all we ever get is the run around, "call back in a week". It's really frustrating to say the least. We will continue to do what we can to save our home, but I have to address something here in this forum that is REALLY irritating.
    To all of you who post on this forum who like to pass judgement...be careful. All of us will at one time or another live "in a glass house".
    Our issues with Nationstar have stemmed from multiple job losses due to a lousy economy...my husband lost his job 3 times in a year and a half--- one company folded after 40+ years, and the others keep restructuring and outsourcing to save money. He is, once again, employed, but at a fraction of what he was making. Just so you know, oh righteous ones, you can only stretch the almighty dollar so far. If you were given a mortgage based on a certain income and lose that income, well, you're so smart...do the math!
    Not all of us bought a house we couldn't afford and are now trying to pass it off on the tax payers of America! I live in a 936 sq foot house built in 1913...there are 6 of us squeezed into 3 bedrooms! Not a micro-mansion I promise you! We continue to fight because this is all we have. We don't have fancy cell phones and electronic gadgets. My budget every month is pretty much basics... so we aren't spending the mortgage money on toys! So to those of you who like to sit back and point the finger and pound your gavel of righteousness...I'd like to say, just be very careful where you throw your stones. You never know when one just might take down YOUR house of cards! That said, good luck to all the rest of you. I hope you are able to work things out!

• Bo
      26th of Nov, 2011

I have been a victim of fraud with Nations star i am so depressed i cannot go into details i am looking for someone who already has a lawyer and i can join in the suit.
    my e-mail is info@abbasmedicalbilling.com