Nationstar Mortgage / terrible sub-prime nightmare

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I've had two mortgages with GMAC for years. I have never had a single problem with GMAC. GMAC sold a ton of mortgages to Nationstar Mortgage, one of my mortgages being one of them sold. I cannot express how afraid and discouraged I am with Nationstar.

I've already spent two months worrying about my mortgage because Nationstar could not tell me for sure wether or not my payments were posted to my account. "Call back in a month" is not an acceptable answer when I asked if payment was posted to my account.

Questions about escrow - forget it. Don't even go there, as I had to explain what an escrow even is to the customer rep.

First, there is no easy way to pay them. They offer some Western Union web pay options and pay by phone options, but the cheapest is $6.95! I get fearful, because if a company can't even setup an honest way to pay them, what else can you expect?

It's a frightful feeling, especially in these times, that my homestead is in the hands of these clowns.

Sc

Comments

• Tv
      3rd of Jun, 2009

Nation Star took over my mortgage account from GMAC a few monthes ago and raised my payment $80 a month. Im trying to understand it all before a file a small claims suit against them. Its mind boggling! And they are a lying nightmare with the loan modifications but that is a whole other story.

so I researched respa law.
    looked at what GMAC escrow handling
    and nation star just says they have the right to cusion it more than gmac it. They try to say GMAC never cusioned it but I recieved a refund with them so there was more cusion than was needed...

Im frustrated and cant afford the extra payments.

• Cr
      1st of Aug, 2009

Also a former GMAC/Homecomings mortgage holder. You have to know how ridiculous this company is. I received a letter that I construed as scolding and borderline harassment. It was dated 7/24/09 and stated they had not yet received our payment due on 8/1/09. I thought, these people have to be kidding, what kind of stupidity is this? That letter, by the way, was both written and received prior to the due date. And, my statment came the same day, so how did they expect I would have already paid that? Especially, as noted by the previous poster, they have no free way to pay online and since I am unwilling to pay extra for the benefit of having them take my money, they can wait for my check. I cannot believe that they would waste postage sending me a letter that they have not received my payment before it is even due. I pay my bills and do not welcome this kind of stupid harassment. Avoid this company if you can, I would like to refi away from it as soon as we can.