Nationstar Mortgage / terrible customer service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Nationstar Mortgage LLC bought our mortgage from CitiMortgage, effective November 1, 2010. The only paperwork we have received was from Citi about this transfer and nothing from Nationstar. Three weeks before our mortgage payment was due, we called both companies and was informed that we can make our November payment with Citi as our last payment. When we went to Citi to make our payment, we were informed that our account was closed and we would have to speak to Nationstar about the matter. We called Nationstar. but instead we got forwarded to a poor woman's house who has been receiving numerous angry calls from Nationstar customers. We tried the number again and finally got a representative who could not tell us anything about our account, terms or anything about our paperwork until next week (when it would be too late to send a payment). The only thing Nationstar could tell us was to send our payment to a P.O. Box in Texas using Citi's account number. No wonder Nationstar has been accused of fraud and has multiple pending lawsuits against them. They force you into their terms without the consumer's acknowledgment!

Comments

• Av
      5th of Nov, 2010

Your loan has been sold to a debt collector who ALWAYS operates outside the law. Send them a certified letter registered return receipt and tell them you need to know where to send your mortgage payment. If they do not comply, sue them.
    www.challengingforeclosure.com

• Rs
      8th of Nov, 2010

we recieved the same letter here :( not happy

• Co
      13th of Nov, 2010

i am in the same boat
    nationstar has STILL not sent me a statement for november
    in order to pay online or over the phone they charge a fee!
    something has to be done about them
    wish i could talk to you guys
    post back here if you want to get in touch and decide what to do

• To
      27th of Nov, 2010

Why didn't you just wait to send your payment? When a Nationstar takes over a loan they do not assess late charges nor do they report to the credit bureau for sixty days. This is because they know that things get confusing during the transition period. Now that you've sent the payment using the Citi account number you'll probably be told to send in proof of payment since they won't where to apply the funds. I'd get ready with a front and back copy of that check you sent if I were you...

• Co
      15th of Dec, 2010

Nationstar did the exact same thing to me. I am now trying to contact them and that is next to impossible as I live in North Pole Alaska. I emailed them and am waiting for some form of response, I am not sending in a payment until they send me some documentation as to what account it is going to. Suntrust was wrong to sell the mortgage to these guys. So wrong. I don't know who I am more angry at. Suntrust after 10 years of never being late on a payment you sell my mortgage to Nationstar? Who the hell is Nationstar? And if I wanted to do business with Nationstar then I would of applied for a loan through them..not SunTrust.