Nationstar Mortgage / bad business practices

United States Review updated:

The following message was e-mailed to the bbb.

To the better business bureau, dallas, texas:
Home owners have the expectation of honest and competent business intercourse from their mortgage servicer. As the better business bureau receives additional information regarding nationstar mortgage I hope your organization carefully considers the complaints that you have received. Also please review the many complaints that have been posted on the internet web sites such as complaintsboard. com and consumeraffairs. com. My problems with nationstar mortgage are small regarding dollar amounts when compared to what some others have experienced. With me it has never been about gaining a dollar advantage; in fact I have been trying to pay more of what I owe. My complaints have been all about the way nationstar mortgage conducts business.

Rh

Comments

• Pa
      Jan 21, 2015
    Nationstar Mortgage - bad service and holding my money hostage
    Nationstar Mortgage
    P. O. Box 619063
    Dallas

So, I had a mortgage with Nation Star. On January 2, 2015 I paid this off writing a huge check. I made the payoff after all of taxes and insurance were paid out through my escrow. On 1-11-15 my windstorm insurance lapsed due to non payment. Apparently, Nationstar Mortgage does not know how to mail a check to a correct address. They mailed the windstorm check to the right insurance company but to the wrong address. When the check came back to Nationstar, they deposited the money back to Nationstar on 1/8/15. Did they let the insurance company know? Nope. Did they let me the peon who had the loan know? Nope.So, I am fighting for my $1700 that is being held hostage by this HUGE many faceted company with billions of dollars. All I can say is thank goodness I no longer have a note with this company and I will never deal with escrow again. Hopefully, I will get my money back and be able to be insured once again.