National Tire and Battery - NTB.com / high shop fee

On saturday, may 19.2007, I took my 2000 eldorado cadillac to ntb (National tire and battery) on highway 138 in union city, ga. I needed a rear brake job. The sales consultant, after the technician evaluated my car, told me it would be $169 for the rear brake job (Resurface rotors and replace pads) and told me I could get a brake system flush for an additional $60. When the work was complete, and it was time to pay, the clerk added $25.00 for shop fees. The argument was that the charge covers waste disposal. The problem is that I specifically asked for the brake parts, which they conveniently threw in the trash. There may be a quart or two of brake fluid from the flush.

I saw nowhere in the shop open and notorious disclosure of such a high shop fee. I am aware of fees at other shops on the order of 1.5 percent of the job cost.

Michael g. Martin

N  16th of Jul, 2007 by
Mosf of the stores have signs indicating 10% of total bill is shop fees with a $30 max also when the total is given and you sign for the work to be done the shop fee is on the bill. Almost all shops charge a shop fee and have for the past 20 years.

Might I add that you don't blame the actual location for a policy set forth by the company the employees are following policy and even the manager can not alter this policy.
D  30th of Mar, 2008 by
Yeah, your stupid guy. If you don't wanna pay someone for maintenance, then do it yourself and quit complaining.
N  1st of Mar, 2009 by
What about Hazmat fee.. It is legal to charge hazmat fee to do alignment or buy used tires when i paid 3.00 dollars waste disposal fee ??

NTB / National Tire & Battery Logo NTB / National Tire & Battery