National Recovery Agency / getting false charges removed
I sent NRA the letter below after asking three times by phone for them to send me validation of the debt. I then filed a complaint with the FTC. Within a week i was sent a letter from the NRA saying it was an error and would be removed from my report.
feel free to use this letter:
NRA Group LLC
Dba: National Recovery Agency
PO Box 67015
Harrisburg, PA [protected]
Dear Collection Manager,
Re: Account listed under name/account number
Months ago I pulled my credit report and noticed a collection from your agency. Not recognizing the debt I called and asked for verification of the debt to please be mailed to me. I have called several times since then and still have not received or been notified of this collection by mail. However, this letter does not imply that I refuse to pay this debt. Rather, I would like to dispute your claim.
As per the FDCPA, I have the right to request a validation of this debt. I request you to prove that I am indeed the party who is by contract obligated to pay off this debt.
I hope you are aware of the fact that reporting any invalidated information to major credit bureaus may constitute defamation of character, as negative listing on credit report does not allow me to enjoy the benefits of good credit. In addition, you must also be aware that until you validate this debt, you can neither continue collection activities nor report this information on my credit report. I'm sure your legal staff will agree that non-compliance with this request is likely to put your company in serious legal trouble with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and other state/federal agencies.
Please attach copies of the following documents:
1.Agreement with your client that authorizes you to collect on this alleged debt.
2.Agreement that bears signature of the alleged debtor wherein he promises to pay the creditor.
3.Complete itemized statement on this account so as to prove that the debt amount you wish to collect is correct.
If I do not receive these documents my lawyer and I will be forced to take further action against your company.
More National Recovery Agency Complaints & Reviews
- National Recovery Agency - unauthorized charges 
- West Bay Acquisitions / National Recovery Agency - never received merchandise they are charging me for. 
- National Recovery Agency - false charge - damaging credit for fictitious collection 
- National Recovery Agency - fraudulent collection 
- National Recovery Agency - harassment 
- National Recovery Agency - calling wrong number and person 
- NRA - fraudulent collection call
- National Recovery Agency - harassment by them...
- [Resolved] National Recovery Agency / NRA Group - debt collection
- National Recovery Agency - west bay acquisitions