National Magazine Exchange / scam contest

United States Review updated:
4.75
My elderly mother has been receiving these scam offical prize listings for a long time. I am lucky in the fact that she is not able to act on this notifications herself. They give her entry #'s and id #'s and tell her to call [protected] by a certain deadline in the hopes of winning over $2 mil. I beleive that this company and well as others are preying upon the elderly in order to gain bank account info so that they can wipe them out. If at all possible I like some information on how to stop these companies from sending my mother this scam mail.

Comments

Ed
  15th of Jan, 2009
Public awareness. Go out and do research on this company and inform as many people as possible. With enough support, we can have his company put out of business. I got scammed from this company to a couple of years ago. You can start by going to edumacation.com/nationalmagazine exchange or google the words national magazine exchange scams... there are 331, 000 results so there's plenty to choose from. The key is to get people educated so it won't happen to them. Oh and I do happen to know that AARP was suing NME for that very reason you're talking about, but I don't know the results of that case. They're also banned from the state of Oregon.
Sl
  1st of Feb, 2011
Thank you so much for putting this on the web for everyone to see. I have been entering a lot of contest to win a vacation and I'm a bit gullible, fortunately my husband is not. He has me at least looking for postings like yours now! I can't understand how people can be so dishonest and prey on people in need. Thank you

National Magazine Exchange Logo National Magazine Exchange