National Floors Direct / carpeted our stairs

Ashland, MA, US Review updated:

This is an amazing story about National Floors Direct. They were scheduled to come out to our home Friday February 10th noon to 4pm to install new carpet on our stairs and small hallway on top of the stairs. 2 guys finally showed up at 6:30pm (2.5 hours later than the latest time given). After the 1st hour one of the guys went to sleep in the van in the driveway for the remainder of the evening. We were told the installation should take no longer than 3 to 4 hours so we expected they would be finished by 10pm. This one guy worked hard till 1:30am. If we knew it would of taken 7 hours when we have young kids we would of never had them start so late. Our kids couldn’t go up the stairs to go to bed never-mind all the banging. When all was finished we were shocked to see such a hack job. How could National Floors Direct send installers who were not competent to do this job? If this was free it wouldn’t be acceptable. You can see the staples on every step. Especially the top steps. Some steps were pulled tight around the lip where some were loose. When I called 1st thing the next morning I was trying to tell the woman on the phone about our experience and she didn’t care. It was almost like she deals with this all the time. I was bummed out that they have no customer service! I asked her if I could speak with someone who cares / someone in customer service? The nasty woman on the phone said “email some pics and someone will be in touch 3 to 5 business days. As I wanted to speak with customer service I called again on Monday Morning and the woman on the phone was so rude I actually asked her calmly if I could talk with someone in customer service. She said “lose the attitude” and hung up the phone. OMG! Shocked that a national company like this treated customers like this.
The night of the installation while the other guy was sleeping in the van it was snowing. The next morning when I snow blowed my driveway there were carpet pieces under the snow which went thru my snow blower and damaged the snow blower. (Please see pic on last page.) I have no idea how to get this repaired as I do not own a truck to bring to get repaired. When I got a call back from National Floors Direct to schedule the repair I spoke with Katerine and I asked her if there was anyone I can speak with in customer service. She said there is no one in customers service. She said if you have a complaint you can email from the website. Which I tried to do but after filling out the form I would click the submit button on the website and then get an error. So there was no way of contacting them.

On February 15th the same guy showed up who installed with a different guy.
They banged in the staples so we didn’t see them any more but they could not fix the part where the carpet folds around each step. I then asked the guys “what am I suppose to do about the snow blower” ? They said someone would be contacting me. No one ever contacted us and that is when I contacted Capital One. Besides the very poor installation job around each step the overall installation was horrible where the seams met to the other rooms and where holes were showing on the side under some of the steps. Also this carpet installed was much thinner then what we previously had.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Jo
Mar 13, 2017

Comments

• Pa
      May 26, 2018

Did you get this resolved? I have exact same problem Paula.[protected]@gmail.com