National Car Rental / charged for damage
National Car Rental is a scam in Victoria, BC Canada Airport location. They will charge you for damages AFTER you've self parked your vehicle in their lot with NO ONE to review and witness any damages to the vehicle. It is up to you to self park the car in their lot, bring the keys to their booth, and have them give your the receipt of the RENTAL charges on your card. Then after you leave, they will claim you have damage on the car and you will get billed for more than what you paid for your rental. This happened to me June 2015. I spoke to their fleet manager and stated that no one from National checked the car upon my immediate return so they cannot prove with 100% certainty that the damage occurred while in my possession. He ignored it and said the charges will stay.
I am currently stopping the charges through my credit card company. I hope they don't get a penny. They do not care about repeat business and I even told them I would launch a stop payment on this over a matter of $125. This place is a scam. Buyer beware!
More National Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- National Car Rental - charging me for damage I know nothing about 
- National Car Rental - no snow tires 
- National Car Rental - changed the rate when I returned the car 
- National Car Rental And Avis Rentals - their a fraud there's no web site on them their already on the complaints board
- National Car Rental - terrible company
- National Car Rental - car rental pitt greenville airport
- National Car Rental - claimed "damage" to vehicle 
- National Car Rental - a dedication of 414 usd from my master card without prior information nor permission
- National Car Rental - refund of towing charges 
- National Car Rental - customer service