National Car Rental / charged for damage

1 Victoria Airport, YYJVictoria, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

National Car Rental is a scam in Victoria, BC Canada Airport location. They will charge you for damages AFTER you've self parked your vehicle in their lot with NO ONE to review and witness any damages to the vehicle. It is up to you to self park the car in their lot, bring the keys to their booth, and have them give your the receipt of the RENTAL charges on your card. Then after you leave, they will claim you have damage on the car and you will get billed for more than what you paid for your rental. This happened to me June 2015. I spoke to their fleet manager and stated that no one from National checked the car upon my immediate return so they cannot prove with 100% certainty that the damage occurred while in my possession. He ignored it and said the charges will stay.

I am currently stopping the charges through my credit card company. I hope they don't get a penny. They do not care about repeat business and I even told them I would launch a stop payment on this over a matter of $125. This place is a scam. Buyer beware!

Ca
Jun 26, 2015

Comments

• Mk
      1st of Jul, 2015

I am pretty sure the agreement you signed says that you are responsible for any damage and that you also take responsibility for damage that they find if you choose to use the SELF PARKING OPTION.
    I do not have the agreement in front of me but it is like checking out of a hotel without going to the desk... You take the chance that they not going to find additional charges.

• Ke
      26th of May, 2016

I have had the same thing happen to me - no one inspected the vehicle when I picked it up - no one inspected it when I left the vehicle - a week later, I receive an email with photos of existing damage to the car stating that I have to make an insurance claim. An insurance claim that would be fraudulent, I might add. We should consider a class action suit - I saw 37 other similar complaints.