mylife.com / charged by affiliated company savingsace

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

This site is a total scam. Read all the small print when you are accepting the terms and conditions. Mylife.com markets their site for $5/mo for a year subscription however when signing up they charge the full $60 as a one time fee. On top of this they enroll you in an affiliate company that charges an additional $19.95. I have tried to cancel this subscription and get a refund and both companies have been very evasive and non-cooperative. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!

Ka

Comments

• Ae
      2nd of Apr, 2009

My problem is that MyLife.com aka Reunion.com forced me into auto-renewal without my permission. I opted out of auto-renewal but they kept changing my option to auto-renewal & charged me $36. I didn't like the site & wanted to let my subscription expire. After finding out I was charged anyway I went back & once again clicked to OPT OUT & cancel my account. They were nice & said I would get a refund, my account would be cancelled & subscription on Paypal would be cancelled. The very next day the subscription cancellation was not approved keeping me locked in, my account was still open, AND they had changed my account preferences to auto-renew the subscription in three months. I called back & they apologized & ADMITTED they had illegally selected auto-renew again against my wishes, & they said the matter would be resolved & I could expect a refund in 3 to 4 days. It's been a week & no refund so I've reported them to Paypal for unauthorized transactions. My advice? Never use ANY website that uses an auto-renewal feature because they can change your selection & lie to your bank/Paypal/credit card that you chose to be on their subscription. It's just their word that you selected to auto-renew against yours that you didn't.

• Il
      5th of Apr, 2009

Boy, I wish that I had read this yesterday before I signed up for what I thought was going to cost me $5.00...It cost me $12, but that was still misleading. This guy "Jeffrey" on mylife.com and his darling wife are living the good life in Italy and beaches like they are decent people. They are deliberately misleading people and it makes me sick. THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS.

I did not realize the payment were automatic. I thought it was only a one time monthly fee of $5.00 to look at the sight.

I will use much more precaution next time. I will also stick with the freebie facebook.com to find people.

28th of Apr, 2009

I am Pissed. Every comment posted above is true. I will get my money back. What mylife AKA Reunion is a scam. They will say on their website that you can sign up for a year membership for only $5.00, but what they really mean, is that they will take $60.00 out of your credit card and not tell you about it. They will completely mislead you to thinking that it only cost you $5.00 I will never use my card for any membership on the computer again. I will still get my money back.

• Re
      6th of Sep, 2009

I strongly disagree with the comments made...i have heard of people who are very successfull in using this website including MYSELF...i guess it all just comes down to reading before you perchasing...

• Vi
      3rd of Oct, 2009

Your an idiot! You begin as they state on an auto renewal which you can disable that same day you sign up in two different ways, one by calling or another by doing so on you profile. I love this site I was able to locate my brother whom I haven't seen or heard from in years! They promote it at $5/month but as you put in your c/c info it states you will be billed up front. It would be different if they never said anything but the point is they do! You know how stupid you sound when your angry about something that was mentioned to you! Why wouldn't you read something before purchasing makes no sense to me!

• We
      28th of Aug, 2010

To the very isolated two very Positive Comments, How much were you paid to write such happy, slappy malarky? Nice business to be in one that writes positive comments for shady con artist internet businesses like Mylife.com AKA reunions.com. by the way Runion.com had so many complaints it literally had to form a sister company to survive. I was stopped in the nick of time from making a big mistake. I have read countless complaints about MyLife.com. as I do with most companys I plan to enlist or sign up for, and not just from this posting venue. I would advise everyone planning on signing on to a new complany your unsure of to research before making any rash decisions that could affect you financially. There have been hundreds of disatified people vs. maybe 12 percent of satified customers. Of Course!! Mylife. com has to make at least one or two attempts at satisfying someone or else they would never be able to run this website without crimmial charges brought against them. I would be very careful calling people who complain idiots.. You are just a lucky idiot. As for me I did my homework before getting involved and signing on. Did you know that there are also complaints registered with better business and comsumer affairs numbering into the hundreds!! Thank God for people who care enough to report bad Mylife.com experiences. It will save countless frustrations and mis deeds to honest trusting consumers. These types of internet business sharks should be exposed publicly for what they really are. I wonder if it would be advantagous to seek help with a news investigative team lilke some of the Daily news channels. Just a speculation.

Thanks Again all those who posted complaints.

23rd of Apr, 2012

I have never given them a cent but I went to their site to check them out. I gave them a fake name totally made up, a name no one could possible have. They started flooding me with emails citing all of these persons in all of these states that had been searching for me. What crooked liars they are!!! No one could have been looking for that name I made up. I tried to get them to stop sending me emails and followed procedure to be removed from the list. But the emails just kept right on coming with them trying to tempt me into seeing who was searching for my by paying for membership. I finally emailed them and warned them that if they sent me another email, I would flood them with multiple emails back. When they continued to do so, I sent them an email then resent until I sent them about 300 emails. Then I said in another email that if they sent one more email to me, they would deal with 1000 emails for every one. They quit after that. But now today, I was seriously searching for something. I typed in my real name and low and behold, they had my info including my full name, age, city I live in, my first three digits including area code of my phone number with the rest of the numbers blotted out and a map of my actual location. This burns me up to no end.

• Jw
      13th of Mar, 2014

I got scammed by MyLife as well. A class action lawsuit was just filed over this, and I'm thinking about joining it. Check out http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11669196.htm for more information on the suit.

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Vertrue, MasterCard, MyLife.com, Oak Investment, and Others Regarding Allegedly Fraudulent “Membership" Fees for Bogus "Savings Clubs"

Lawsuit claims that Defendants profit from charging consumers fraudulent fees for savings club “memberships”

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 13, 2014

Atlanta law firm Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC has filed a class action lawsuit against Vertrue, Inc., Adaptive Marketing, LLC, Velo Holdings, MasterCard International, Inc., MyLife.com, Inc., and Oak Investment Partners. The suit states that Vertrue partners with MyLife.com and other deceptive online businesses to trick consumers into unknowingly joining Vertrue’s “consumer savings clubs.”

According to the lawsuit, most club “members” never make use of their savings club “memberships” and cancel their subscriptions immediately upon learning of the fraudulent charges. According to the lawsuit, MasterCard earns fees by processing Vertrue’s charges while knowing they are fraudulent and processing such plainly illegitimate charges violates MasterCard’s agreements.
    The lawsuit further states that Vertrue’s parent company, Velo Holdings, and MyLife.com’s investor-owner Oak Investment Partners, which invested $25 million in MyLife in 2007, also participate in Vertrue’s improper practices. The case, Chi v. Vertrue, Inc., et al., was filed in the United States District Court of the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, on February 28, 2014 and has been given case number 1:14-cv-00614-TWT.

The lawsuit proposes a class action on behalf of all consumers nationally who have been harmed by these practices.

The new complaint alleges that Vertrue’s “savings clubs, ” administered by its subsidiaries such as Adaptive Marketing, LLC, include At Home Rewards, At Home Rewards+, BusinessMax, Cross Country Savings, DealMax, Home Savings Mall, Food and Flix, Getaway and Save, Leisure Exclusives, My Great Deals, Passport to Fun, Passport to Fun+, SavingsAce, SavingSmart, Shopping Essentials, Shopping Essentials+, Simply You, Today’s Escapes, Today’s Escapes+, ValueMax, and Your Savings Club.

The lawsuit states that when consumers purchase goods and services from MyLife.com and Vertrue’s other online partners they encounter confusing, obscured ads for Vertrue’s “savings clubs.” Consumers click through these ads without realizing that they have accidentally “joined” one of Vertrue’s clubs, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit also states that consumers who accidentally join Vertrue’s clubs are charged recurring monthly fees of $20 or more until they affirmatively cancel their “memberships.” Vertrue’s entire business model is based around this deceptive practice, and Vertrue’s co-conspirators, including MasterCard, knowingly facilitate and profit from Vertrue’s fraudulent activities. The lawsuit states that MasterCard approves such unauthorized charges, and profits from them, even though this violates MasterCard’s own rules regarding protection of private customer credit card data.

The suit asserts that the other Defendants are vital to the improper billing scheme. First, Vertrue transmits a consumer’s credit card data to the related credit card network, which the complaint alleges was MasterCard. MasterCard verifies the consumer’s identity and, the lawsuit states, analyzes the transaction to determine whether it is fraudulent. MasterCard transmits the relevant data to the cardholder’s issuing bank which, if it authorizes the charge, sends a verification message to MasterCard, which then informs the issuing bank that the charge has been authorized, according to the suit. The suit claims that the issuing bank then informs Vertrue of the authorization, at which point the purchase is completed and the issuing bank and MasterCard subsequently “clear” and “settle” all of Vertrue’s charges for that day, at which point the illicitly obtained funds are sent to Vertrue. The suit contends that all the Defendants are well aware of the illegal scheme, but they nonetheless participate in order to obtain substantial transaction fees.

Vertrue is a subsidiary of Velo Holdings, an investment group also named as a Defendant in the lawsuit, that acquired Vertrue in 2007. According to the lawsuit, Velo and Oak Investment, MyLife.com’s senior investor-owner, were fully aware that Vertrue’s business model relied on consumer fraud when they acquired their positions in these online companies. The suit asserts that these investors nevertheless controlled, participated in, and profited from Vertrue and MyLife for years while doing nothing to curb the companies’ highly illegal business practices.

If you have unknowingly joined one of Vertrue’s savings clubs and wish to discuss this action, or if you have any questions concerning this press release, please contact Webb, Klase & Lemond by e-mail at contact@WebbLLC.com or by calling (770) 444-9325. Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC is a law firm that practices complex litigation with a focus on litigation arising from wrongful deprivations by corporate and government entities.

• Al
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Mylife - Cancel subscription A.S.A.P
    Waimanalo
    Hawaii

Cancel subscriptions...mrheiser29@gmail.com.
    Taking payment from a cc that doesnt even have rhe same name. I want it canceled ASAP. MyLife.com authorized my credit card for a 3 day free trial that wasnt approved by me the owner of the credit card.

• St
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Mylife - Back ground search
    Laughlin
    Nevada

11.95. 2 times I was charged...NO REPORT. (WTH..?) Melinda heeter in Albuquerque.
    WHERE IS IT. And my refund... too, !

• Ro
      20th of Aug, 2018
    mylife.com - wrong profile keeps coming up

Just enrolled in one month service, my profile states Ron Fleischmann 47 yrs living in MA. I live in Fl. I'm 78 yrs. don't know how to correct it.??????? date if incident 5/5/2018, time 4:50 pm EST order #mylife1.4100411909. I need to get some data, I don't have for my Ancestry to continue correctly.

• Ka
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Mylife - Invasion of Privacy and EXTORTION!!
    Los Angeles
    California
    MyLife.com

Cease and DESIST your wrongful business practices (i.e., extortion, invasion of privacy, identity theft, or I WILL CONTACT ATTY GENERAL OFFICE FOR THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA FOR REFUND & PUNITIVEB DAMAGES.

Karin Piet
    747-250-9540
    KarinMPiet@gmail.com
    (cc: AG office, sacramento, CA)

• Wo
    Mylife - MyLife

Please remove me, my name isWashington DC. The info is too much and most of it is wrong. I am being stalked. Please remove me as soon as possible. Thank you!!! Please remove please remove me, Please remove me, Please remove me, Please remove

• Ke
    Mylife - My Name on the site

Hello, I am a police officer/criminal investigator with the Sacramento District Attorney's Office. I investigate high profile cases and have major concerns with my name on the internet. I PLEASE request to have my name taken off mylife.com PLEASE.

Keith Burgoon
    916 601-8024

21st of Aug, 2018
    Mylife - Free month

I cancelled my subscription before the 30 days, but just found out they charged my card anyway. I am so upset, and I want reimbursed!

• Md
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Mylife - My business
    Watertown
    New York

Carrie Mathieu claims to be the principal of MY business.I want it taken off of this!or I'm getting a lawyer to use.I don't have any ties to any of the people you have listed either!

• Ti
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Mylife - My Life People Search
    Fort Worth
    Texas

Unauthorized credit card charges in the amount of $263.20. How do I get this money back?

• Ri
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Mylife - Discontinue my account and never renew because I am 82 and have financial problems.

I have no complaints but want to discontinue because I am 82 years old, on a fixed income and don't have enough money for food because of medical issues. Please reply AP. Happy New Year.

5th of Sep, 2018
    Mylife - people search

Cancel my membership . It is a scam. cancel my account

• De
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Mylife - Defamation, libel, slander
    Austin
    Texas
    MyLife.com

MyLife puts FALSE items on my profile, then will NOT remove them, and says I have to pay for a subscription. That is EXTORTION