Mycleanpc.com

Posted:

I fell for this stupid gimmick

Mycleanpc.com
mycleanpc.com
I fell for this stupid gimmick. I am not the most computer literate person in the world, and they had me thinking that my computer was totally screwed up. They talked me into getting the 1 year plan for 250 bucks. Making it sound like it was the best option ever. They were all Americans, and kept telling me things to keep thinking that, like talking about living in LA and the Lakers. If they were real Americans is anyone's guess. Anyway, I let the tech guy do his thing on my computer, I told him what was wrong with it so he could zero in on these issues. He called my phone about 2 hours later to tell me he was finished. It's Easter Sunday, and I was heading to the 'rents house for dinner. I came home, and it sucks I had to get so angry with the deepest pits of hell, and turn into Satan on the holiest day of the year. My computer was F'D up! It would not stop writing in CAPITAL letters! No matter what I did, it wouldn't stop. That was my biggest issue, not to mention how ridiculously slow it was running! I'm talking about 3 times slower then it was before, and before it was so ridiculous that I fell for the stupid scam that is mycleanpc.com. I called them, and seeing that it says 100% satisfaction guarantee, that it would be a snap to get my money back. Let me tell you how completely rude they get when you ask for a refund. Some chick named "Asia" was seriously the rudest customer service person I have ever spoke with. She talked to me like she didn't give a crap about her job, and being fired for talking to someone like how she did was not scary to her at all. She tells me that they can only refund 70 bucks out of the 280 I gave them (250 for year of tech support, 30 for the scam that they pull you in with). I flipped out. Let's say that F bombs and calling her a female dog was in my vocabulary, but hey, she was asking for it after all! She told me the only way to get a full refund is to let a "level 3" tech go on my computer and fix the problem. I refused! I said, "Why would I let another guy from your company get on my computer, when the first guy totally screwed it up worse!" As I am typing this, my computer is acting funny, like they are hacked in right now reading what I'm typing, not even kidding. The box I'm typing in writing this review keeps moving up and down, and I am not doing that. Anyway, I am just going to call Bank of America in the morning, and hopefully I can cancel those payments. If that doesn't work, does anyone out there have any advice what to do? Should I let them go back on to "correct" the problem?? I really don't want to do that! HELP ME!
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

N  28th of Apr, 2011 by    -1 Votes
hello turintoss,
i can totally understand how you are feeling right now and sympathize with your situation. See, sometimes things go wrong even with the easiest of the tech issues. And i can say that because i, for one, am a technician with a leading computer company myself. All i can advise you here is that, if in case you do not want to contact the company in question, mycleanpc.com, there is really no need. all you can do is get in touch with your computer manufacturer (Dell or HP or Lennovo or whosoever it is), and ask them to do a system image restoration or a clean windows installation for you. Mind you, this will cause you to lose any data that is saved on the computer, like pictures, videos, music, software etc. but you can request them to back it up for you beforehand. Also, if in case you are using windows vista or windows 7, you can tell them that the data is important and you need to do a custom install thereby saving the data onto the computer. i can help you more about this if i know the exact nature of the problem, and the exact make and model and specifications of your computer. Looking forward to helping you.
Regards