Mr. Transmission / customer service/delay

Canada, Ontario, Saint Catharines Review updated:
152 Hartzel Rd
Saint Catharines
Phone: 905-682-1990
DO NOT take your vehicle to Mr. Transmission!

Took my Honda Civic to Mr. Transmission to have my transmission replaced because my transmission was done - car wouldn't even drive.
A used transmission was installed, went to pick up my car, the owner told me "it runs perfect". I didn't even make it to the corner and the gears weren't shifting properly, engine was revving.. I took it back and he tells me that this is "normal" Knowing that this can't be "normal" as I've driven a Honda Civic for 5 yrs I convinced him to take another look at it. After a couple days he called me back to say that he'll be installing another transmission because the one in my car was no good. (surprise surprise) He calls me a couple days after that and says he received another transmission but it's also no good therefore he was returing transmission #2 and getting another one. Finally (after 2 weeks of my car being in the shop) he calls me to say transmission (#3) is installed. I went to pick up my car and first thing he says to me is "you owe me $10 for gas because I had to put gas in your car". No hello, how are you, nothing. I gave him the $10 and said "I hope I don't have to come back here again, I hope everything is good with my car." He (the owner) says "if you have any problems you can call head office and complain to them. Don't come back here again" and then rambles on about how the shop lost money and that he did me a favour by not charging me again for the oil... All the while I'm thinking to myself, that's not my problem. Had you had done the job right the first 2 times we wouldn't be in this situation... BUT WHO SAYS TO A CUSTOMER DON'T COME BACK HERE?!? unbelievable. .. so as soon as I got home I called head office and filed a complaint about the service and treatment.
I would never recommend anyone to Mr. Transmission and this won't be the last review I write.
** The location I took it was Hartzel Rd. in St. Catharines
** The owner’s son runs the Mr. Transmission on Ontario St. in St. Catharines

N  3rd of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The person who ran it then was not a good tranny person. There are new owners now on Hartzel Rd and they are amazing. Excellent service and great prices and they know there stuff.
N  3rd of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just took my truck in for a rebuild on Hartzel rd and I couldn't be happier! My truck works great, they were friendly and stayed in my budget. The owner is honest and is a genuine, caring person. Her service guys are quick, smart and absolute sweethearts. I will take my truck there for everything!
N  23rd of Nov, 2011 by

Mr. Transmission - Waste of money
Mr. Transmission

They had my truck for 3 wks. They charged me $2800 for a partial repair and I had problems with it again 4 mths later. What a WASTE of MONEY
A  30th of Dec, 2011 by
Under after factory warranty, my transmission went out on my 2008 Dodge Sprinter. $3800.00 worth of repairs were dine by Mr. transmission in Birmingham, Al. Four weeks later while 1500 miles from home, the vehicle goes into limp mode. After Dodge reviews the van they find a severe leak at a connector plug (second leak since transmission rebuild for weeks prior). Transmission codes shoes issues with transmission but Dodge cannot work on my vehicle due to the Mr Transmission warranty in place and Mr Transmission refuses to allow Dodge to honor their warranty. Meanwhile I am stuck in El Paso. The manager of the Mr Transmission shop in Birmingham told me to drive 1500 miles home in limp mode! I told him absolutely not, could not go more than 25 mph and rpm was maxed out. I was directed to a transmission shop in El Paso since there are no Mr Transmissions in El Paso. This is where my van still sits one month later. This manager accused Dodge of intentional damage since he yelled and cussed out my service advisor. He was supposed to ship a connector plate overnight, came 4 days later and did not work. I had to fly home, pick up a second vehicle and drive back to El Paso to bring home cargo that I had in El Paso. All this time I am calling Mr Transmission and NEVER got a return call from the shop which did repairs. I called corporate and was advised they were only advises since the store is a franchise. So, corporate obviously is zero assistance and has no control over these Mr Transmission shops. My vehicle was moved from the location where I left it without one call or one bit of information from Mr Transmission. I located my vehicle and found out Mr Transmission had not provided any history or information to this second shop. They order several test and no electrical problems were found. My vehicle was moved back to the independent transmission shop. After approximately 20 calls to corporate I finally received a call from the franchise owner. He did not allow me to express my disgust with his lack of action, his manager stated it was MY FAULT, because I took my Dodge to a Dodge dealer. He stated he would send a driver Christmas day and tow my vehicle back to his shop. Never happened. He stated he would fly someone out and drive it back. Never happened. Now I am told my vehicle fixed itself! One month later, I have had to get an attorney. I have made a payment and spent over $2500 in expenses related to being stranded in El Paso. I have been hung up on, cursed at, yelled at and had to pay for repair of the severe transmission leak. Mr Transmission obviously does not have Nationwide coverage, obviously has no corporate control over their shops and leaves customers stranded at the customers expense. To date, we have not received any return calls regarding this vehicle.
N  26th of Jul, 2012 by
We stopped in today with three dogs and luggage in the car on our vacation. The car was shuddering and I was worried about the transmission. Ron took our car in straight away and serviced it having us back on the road in under an hour. We traveled the rest of the day without another problem. Thank you guys so much. Happy campers.
N  1st of Dec, 2012 by
Please let say the truth here.. Tranny issues is no joke.!! It takes a lot of money$$$. Readers beware!! some comments are from the shops themselves, to boost their service.

Mister Transmission Logo Mister Transmission