Motorola India / very poor customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I bought a motorola l6 on 4 may 06 and its under warranty. My charger stopped working and I went to my nearest motorola authorized center on jail road new delhi. They say they don't have the charger and I have to wait may be a week or more than that. Or I should try other centers which is far from my residence. I even asked them to give me a date after 10 days but they say they cant assure. They spend so much on advertising. Pls spend on customer service.

Comments

Be
  13th of Nov, 2006
Motorola - Sliver Phone - The music feature of this phone does not work

I purchased a sliver phone in May of 2006. The reason for my choice was because I wanted the service of a phone with the music feature. My service provider network is Cellular. The Sliver worked fine for about two months until I downloaded a CD from my computer onto the sliver. Then the music no longer worked. I went to the service provider Singular and they worked with my phone and finally advised me to go on line a check with Apple the maker of I Tunes. Cellular decided it was an Apple problem. After one month of being on the phone with the Apple experts I was told the problem was the phone companies because the method of downloading music from the program I Tunes was not made for phones, but for I pods. I should talk to the cell phone people. I have written a letter to the Sliver organization, and received no acknowledgement of receiving my letter. I checked on the computer for problems with the Sliver and found out that many people were having this problem. For every correction recommended by the Apple experts a new problem would pop up. Help, I need help this phone does not do what the advertisements and the users manual says it will do. This is fraud...and no one will take responsibility for it.

What can I do about this. I was thrilled with this phone when it worked. But now I have resorted to spending $200. more to purchase an I Pod which defeats the purpose of owning the Sliver. I would have purchased a much cheaper phone if I had wanted to buy an I Pod.

Sliver Phone
Motorola , Inc.
Consumer Advocacy Office
1307 East Algonquin Road
Schaumburg, Il 60196

Mi
  29th of Nov, 2006

I'm currently having the same problem, iTunes is not acknowledging that my phone is connected... iTunes on my phone will still work, just with the songs I had put on there when I first got it.

Yo
  27th of Dec, 2006

I cant sent text messages because the spell check is in Russian, I think. Wont let me text words.

24th of Jan, 2007
Motorola Slvr L7 - Ring tone problem
India

I am using L7 fr the past six months - recently, I am facing a problem of the ring tome not audible even in "Loud" mode - sometimes, if I out off the instrument & restart, I am able to get the ring tone. This has been an erratic problem.

It appears to me that the speaker connection within the mobile phone is weak.

Se
  23rd of Mar, 2007

My fiance and I both purchased the SLVR barley two months ago. We have had the strangest problems with both of our phones, from not playing certain songs (I found that it seems to be if the name of the song on the computer is very long, it will not recognize it but if you change the name to something short, it will play) We have not tried anything with iTunes, but they both seem to be freezing up for no reason.

Both of our phones are having similar problems, and they are so new that absolutely no damage has been done to them on our part, so we clearly see that it is a phone issue.

First of all on my phone, one day the sound just stopped. Occasionally it will come in, and I can hear most of the rings when someone calls, but not all the time. As far as any other sounds go, there are none, most of the time. This includes the speaker phone, which no longer works.

But listen to this, my fiance was listening to the MP3 player (which has no place for headphones, which I think is stupid) and I called him. All sounds stopped, and the whole phone froze. He could not answer the call or call me back, then the screen turned black. When it came back up on its own a minute or so later, all the menus were different. The front of the phone which used to say "Phonebook" and "@metro" on the front (our provider is MetroPCS) now says "Personalize" and "Styles" now here's the crazy part...the options in the menu are different. He no longer has the option of the MP3 Player, nor the video camera. There is no way to access the memory card. It's as if none of those features ever existed.

On top of it, now it will say "Charging" all night long, instead of charging for a little while then displaying the "charge complete" on the front screen. When you unplug it, it will still say "charging" until you plug it back in again, where it will then show "charge complete." Does anyone else have any issues like this?

Pr
  24th of Mar, 2007
Motorola L2 - Mobile related issues!
India

I am an airtel customer. I purchased one moto l2 on 22-02-07 form day 3 it started giving message limited service. In network menu airtel was not available. While the vendor is extremely cooperative, he told that the system is only 4 bsnl. These things were neither told to me nor i was given the free bsnl prepaid connection on purchase date. Subsequently he has given it, but how does it solve my problem with airtel compatibility.

5th of Apr, 2007
Motorola Motofone F3 - Multiple mobile problems
India

I purchased Motorola Motofone F3 on 3rd march 2007. and within 2 days it started hanging for every 5 minutes. I dont Know What Happened But It is giving me too much trouble like not displaying screen display properly.

6th of Apr, 2007

We have a Motoral SLVR L6 bought less than an year ago. The back falls off and we went to the Green Park Service station to get it replaced they asked us for Rs 700 or so for replacing. They said the back of the phone is not covered in warranty as this a cosmetic part.

Called the service center 1 800 no. They say go to another center and compare prices but this is chargeable.

I asked them to take a complaint; that they did and gave a no. 3818, dated 6 Apr 07, 8.50 pm or so. They also advised that I should also put in an email. Then why did they take a complaint and made me hold for 15 minutes!

This is poor service... no wonder they are struggling for business if this is the kind of reliability they give.

Please do not buy this model and if possible Motorla phones at all.

They deserve to be run over by Nokia, Samsung, LG and the like.

Bye.

Ke
  11th of Apr, 2007
Motorola 139 - Defective cell phone

Firstly, it took over 90 minutes to try to activate this phone. Even after that time it was not accomplished. Charges to my land phone... $9.00 I activated it online the next day...

Secondly, I can not retrieve my messages.. Technical support told me to use my land line for messages... there's more... I have never ever had such a product that does not live up to it's advertised uses.

26th of Apr, 2007

I just purchased a sliver about a month ago and a 512 memory card with it. I have nearly filled the memory card with songs from my windows media player library, synchronizing them all on the card correctly. I know so because it will bring the songs from the card up in other programs as well but the kicker is not a single song will upload onto the phone when i put the memory card in and update it. What the heck's the problem with these things or am I doing something wrong??

Pr
  18th of May, 2007

I have purchased a Motorola mobile handset (A780) having IMEI No 3543570018055494 from TANDON ELECTRONICS NAGPUR (INDIA) on 28th of June 2006. The invoice no is 11780.

I was very much disappointed with the phone and moreover the services given to me by the service station (redington service).

The volume key was not working properly, the battery backup was also very poor and had network problem also. I gave the handset to redington service and after waiting for about 20 days the set was returned to me with all the problems as they were and I discovered that now my camera key is also not working (which is working properly when I gave the set to the service station). I now again gave them the set on 29th of March 2007 (job no 00342) to finally rectify all the problems, but today on 11th of April 2007 when I went there I found that all the problems were as it is (as well as the camera is not working). Today they want to give me the handset with the same problem which i wont accept and came to you for the last hope.

I want to know is this service station is there to repair the mobile problem or for creating the problems. And is the Motorola people are there to repair or it is a gang of road Romeo because their behavior shows they are not professional or are not interested to give services to customers.

Su
  23rd of May, 2007

Hi,

I have Motorola L2 set. I m facing some problem with my phone and i m not able to find service centre.

Da
  24th of May, 2007

Yeah dude, effin a! what a jip mine only downloaded certain songs and only filled up half way. Way too much money spent for what it is, all talk and no rock!

7th of Jun, 2007

I have Motorola C168 handset. I am facing some problem with my phone and I am not able to find service centre.

Gu
  8th of Jun, 2007
Motorola A1200 - Poor service and phone
India

I bought a Motorola phone Model no A1200 from Subhiksha Mobile, Shop No 1, PVR Complex, Saket, New Delhi vide bill no -INV/1688/Tele23 on 13/05/2007. I hardly used the phone as i don't have much usage and within 10 days it started hanging. On taking it to the Motorola Service center Ms Redington India Ltd, S 3 Green Park Extension. New Delhi 16 on the 2nd of June, I was returned the phone by them in 20 minutes saying "it is repaired there is a software problem". However when i checked it, it would not work so they took it back saying "Its a hard ware problem, we will repair it in 2 to 3 days. Today is the 8th and now they are saying the motherboard is spoiled and we have to change that and we don't know when it will come, maybe 2 or 3 days".

Would really appreciate if some one would listen to our complaint cause we were provided with a mobile no of a Mr Manoj Samwal who is supposed to help us but the trouble is he never picks up the phone.

Pu
  13th of Jun, 2007
Motorola Mobile Handset L6i - Brand new handset not working properly
India

I bought Motorola handset L6i on 06-May-2007. In less than a month's time I have started facing problems with this handset. The key pad suddenly stops functioning - I can see the calls coming but pressing keys (either Answer/Ignore) does not work. Not able to make any calls.

After several attempts to take the battery and SIM card out and again putting them back, it works some time while at other times it does not work.

I am really shocked and amazed at such poor quality of Motorola products. The last phone I used was a Nokia one and I never had any issues for 5 years!!!

Su
  17th of Jun, 2007

I was purchase a motorola L6i mobile on 11/06/07 after few days the ringtone mute automatically. On 15 jun i am go to the shop where i purchase mobile. He was do master reset in mobile the ringtone was started but google was not accessible. The GPRS logo was show on mobile & settings are available in mobile but the goole & motozone was not accessible. So what the next step for me please explain me.

Vs
  20th of Jun, 2007

I have a Motorola v-3 mobile. It has unfortunately slipped from my hands and got a problem with display and micro phone. So, I approached Nearest Motorola authorized service centre which is in somajiguda, Hyderabad.The name of the authorized service centre is REDINGTON INDIA LIMITED. They also give customer support to HP,And many others. I have given my mobile for paid service on 30th may 2007. They said that they it takes minimum of ten days to get solved. They also said that they would give me a call on the status.

After ten days i called them from my phone ,to know the status of my mobile.Their service was in such a horrible state that they even could not attend the phone.After two days i have called them again, a executive answered my call. I asked for the status of mobile and he said me to come around 4pm in the evening saying everything is finished. When i went there, they asked me to wait for half an hour.After that they said that a small piece has to come from bombay and asked me to come the next day. There the customer treatment is so bad that they are talking in a very rude manner. They are not even clearly say the status of the mobile. Traveling in cities like Hyderabad is not that is easy. For two days i have to take permission from my boss for two hours,which was not necessary for me if the motorola service executives have given me correct status of my mobile. Again, I went to service center yesterday(20-06-2007), the same thing repeated and they asked me to come today. They were very reckless in answering to me. Even one executive said ," i do not have hundred hands or legs to do every thing". Is this the way they answer to customer?Many of my friends advised me not to go for motorola because of poor service.Today i am going to service center and i would get the same answer.

I do not understand one thing.Motorola being such big multi national company,it cannot provide a good and efficient service to its customers.Many were getting dropped from being a motorola customer because of this. Motorola authorized service centers are given license after getting the approval from motorola company. The company should have a observation on their service centers too. Good management always succeeds in getting the customer satisfaction. Even a single customer lost for motorola is lost for ever and is a thing to be thought.

Because of yesterdays my presence in motorola service center has made me loose all my patience. Hope today that does not repeat. How can i inform to higher authorities of motorola about the service that we are getting in service centers and their rude and reckless behavior. Please some body help me out in giving me the link so that i would like to inform higher authorities about the root destruction.

With regards
V.SRINIVAS
Hyderabad.

Ka
  24th of Jun, 2007

My cell phone motorazer is not working... it automatically got switched off... n i am unable to switch it on... earlier it used to say boot loader something... but now im unable to open it... stay away from motorola.

30th of Jun, 2007
Motorola L6 Slvr - Poor performance
India

I had bought a motorola L6 SLVR(351951016866799) last august. It's giving me loads of trouble, the battery goes dead all of a sudden or the phone stops ringing at times. When the battery goes dead n i plug it for charging it shows charge complete but once i take out the lead the phone goes dead again. Now, I'll never again will be purchasing a motorola phone or recommend it to anybody.