Monitronics / Scammed
Had ADT which turned into Monitronics for over 20 years. Once my old system was acting up, they came in and told us our old security system needs to be changed. While I was at work they talked my husband into a whole new system. The new system never worked right. Horn doesn't sound. Cats set off the motion detector every time it's set. I ended up not setting the alarm anymore because it was constantly going off. Once Monitronics woke me up at 1 am telling me my alarm was going off and it wasn't even set. We had repair people come out and never fixed it correctly, being charged $25 every time they are called out. What kind of scam is this? I fedexed a letter to cancel to monitronics and it was received. After they received it I was bombarded with calls from them pretty much as if they were refusing to accept the cancellation. I ended up being rude and hung up. Today I called Monitronics to see if I can unhook the power to this nightmare and I was informed my account is still active until June 20th. Apparently after you cancel they let it run another month. I cannot believe that this company is still in business and have not been shut down. After investigating this on the internet, I find I have plenty of company in my complaint. To me this operation is illegal. I'm awaiting my final bill with the $1000 cancellation fee to bring to my lawyer to discuss. I think everybody who is going through this nightmare should unite in some sort of class action lawsuit. Very frustrating.
More Monitronics Complaints & Reviews
- Monitronics Security - Stay away from Monitronics at all costs! 
- Monitronics - Failure to stop billing 
- Monitronics - Stay FAR away from Monitronics 
- Monitronics - fraud 
- Monitronics - Will Not Cancel Service 
- Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International - security system - being charged during hurricane maria and will not cancel as we were displaced to the usa
- Monitronics - I am complaining about the unit. I can only unlock the door with the key, and it is not registering on my phone.
- Monitronics - security. refund. or 2 years free. 
- Monitronics - I called in oct. and requested to have my account disconnected! new withdraw in dec.!!
- Monitronics - home security