Monitronics / Scammed

Jun 1, 2015
Had ADT which turned into Monitronics for over 20 years. Once my old system was acting up, they came in and told us our old security system needs to be changed. While I was at work they talked my husband into a whole new system. The new system never worked right. Horn doesn't sound. Cats set off the motion detector every time it's set. I ended up not setting the alarm anymore because it was constantly going off. Once Monitronics woke me up at 1 am telling me my alarm was going off and it wasn't even set. We had repair people come out and never fixed it correctly, being charged $25 every time they are called out. What kind of scam is this? I fedexed a letter to cancel to monitronics and it was received. After they received it I was bombarded with calls from them pretty much as if they were refusing to accept the cancellation. I ended up being rude and hung up. Today I called Monitronics to see if I can unhook the power to this nightmare and I was informed my account is still active until June 20th. Apparently after you cancel they let it run another month. I cannot believe that this company is still in business and have not been shut down. After investigating this on the internet, I find I have plenty of company in my complaint. To me this operation is illegal. I'm awaiting my final bill with the $1000 cancellation fee to bring to my lawyer to discuss. I think everybody who is going through this nightmare should unite in some sort of class action lawsuit. Very frustrating.

N  2nd of Jun, 2015 by

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience and we would like to investigate further to resolve this matter. Please email us your account information at monisocial@monitronics.com so that we may begin our investigation. We look forward to speaking with you and resolving this matter.

Executive Response Department
N  1st of Oct, 2015 by
MCCOLLINS - how did it go? Are you satisfied with the result?

Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International Logo Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International
1990 Wittington Pl.