Mitsubishi WD-73927 DLP Projection TV / terrible after sales service!

Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc.
www.mitsubishi-tv.com

Mitsubishi Projection TV model # WD73927. We purchased this TV in March of 2006. In May of 2007 our TV went out and we were told that the major component that projects the images had gone out and that a replacement was being developed at Mitsubishi and we would get our TV back in a week. Well, many weeks later and still no repair and just today we were told that the new component isn't any good either. We spent $9,000.00 and have been without a TV since May with no resolution in sight. To make matters worst you cannot get any assistance from Mitsubishi. They stated we could not get our money back and that we would have to wait to let them fix it first. At this point we need help and I know we are not the only consumers having this problem.

Va

Comments

• Ha
      22nd of Oct, 2007

We are about to file a class action lawsuit regarding this model of Mitsubishi TV, among others. If you would like to call to describe your problem (e.g., was it a light engine?), and/or discuss your rights, please contact me at harry@millslawfirm.com.

Note: California law requires me to state that this is an advertisement for legal services.

24th of Feb, 2008

Hi i am having the same problems,mitsubishi offered me another tv a wd---31 or 34 but i very leary of excepting one of these after reading all of the complaints i am interested in joining this lawsuit, read my complaints o n this board in the same above name and phone number, please leave a message.

• Sk
      23rd of Aug, 2008

August 23, 2008

Anyone that owns a Mitsubishi DLP HD Television “WD MODEL” has much in common with numerous disenchanted owners.

Refer to the CNET forum at:

PG 1 OF 34 PGS

PG 34 OF 34

Every owner and prospective buyer should read about the ongoing issues to date. There are 503 POSTS AS OF 8-23-08 regarding additional ownership costs, numerous problems in connection with parts, service, warranty issues, dealer non-performance, care/maintenance, warranty non-performance, expiration of major parts (chassis), etc.

Purchased a Mitsubishi DLP HD Television “WD-52725 MODEL in March 2005. The following repairs were performed with the last entry still awaiting a response.

01/08/2007 Lamp Replacement Necessary

03/22/2007 Software Upgrade Necessary

07/16/2007 Software Upgrade Necessary

08/22/2008 Pending Necessary Chassis & Lamp Replacement
    w/ additional parts possible upon installation of said items

Did a Google search but could not find any information regarding a lawsuit for this issue. Perhaps there will be soon once the receipt copied on this message sees this.

cc: harry@millslawfirm.com info@millslawfirm.com

• Lb
      25th of Nov, 2008

We also have a Mitsubishi TV that has been at the repair shop for over six weeks and now we have been informed that it will be another 6 to 10 weeks. The repair shop is also upset because Mitsubishi does not allow them to replace the chassis, but rather insists that they send the chassis in and then it is sent back. This takes weeks. In our case, the company required that the capasitor be checked first, which was not the problem, and we are now just starting the waiting weeks.
    Was a class action suit ever filed? And if so, please give me information.

• Ed
      9th of Apr, 2009

I haven't yet gone through the repair process. My set just started acting up. I bought it in early 2006. It worked OK up until now (periodic unexplained audio outage that could be fixed by unplugging and restarting). However, it has rapidly begun the color and crispness problems of the type noted above. I emailed the attorney who posted above, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm dreading this process.

• Fo
      29th of Sep, 2009

As a former Mitsubishi employee I spent 1 year there as a temporary employee, well 99% of consumer relations are temps. When you call in, you first get ventus which is located in Manila Phillipines. They are reading from a script and are instucted NOT to transfer the call to the U.S. unless they cannot handle the issue. When you do get the U.S. office, the consumer relations advisors are not properly trained for assisting with trouble shooting, yet reading from the instruction manual, or given answers from the technical advisor Curtis Gentry. He can be reached at 1-949-465-6146, his DIRECT line. He will not take transfers from advisors, only answer questions from advisors by asking three more questions. Please call his extension with any technical problems you may experience. In regards to chassis repairs, that is the rule, NO REPLACEMENTS, ONLY REPAIR, advisors are given no choice but to relay that information. When you ask to speak to a supervisor, there are two of them, Arjun Sheth AKA AJ, and David Ratinoff. When you customers ask to speak to them, there only job is to monitor what each advisor is doing, let me tell you it's like working in prison over there and we commonly joked about that. When a supervisor is approached with a question, they all have different answers hence the lack of training and the fact they are complete idiots. A trained Monkey can do there job, LITERALLY. All they do is look to see who is doing what from there double monitored desk. When a customer asks to speak to a supervisor, we are INSTRUCTED to say they will call back in 1-2 business days, and if the customer is irrate, which most are with the product, they say "Tell the customer we'll call them back before the end of the day." Which they have no intention on doing, and then a week will go by. Advisors have a breakdown sheet regarding what they can do to help the customer for repair, depending on the age of the unit. They will repair the unit untill repair exceeds the value of the set, but not what you paid for it, DEALERSHIP cost when there have been multiple repairs in a short period of time. After your Mitsubishi 1 yr manufactorer warranty runs out, you are referred to you extended warranty company, if you have none, they will assist and cover up to 18 months from purchase date accompanied by a receipt, if not then the day the t.v. was shipped to the dealer. Oh and for your info, Arjun Sheth AKA AJ's DIRECT number is 1-949-465-6144, David Ratinoff's DIRECT number is 1-949-465-6182. When assisting customers, they are not instructed to do what is right for the customer, but how much we can save the company including flat out denying the customer assistance right after the 1 yr factory warranty was completed. Then we have AJ and David's supervisor, Vigil White, his DIRECT number is 1-9494656142. His job is to do nothing but sit in his chair and pretend he is running the department like he was General Douglas MacArthur due to his extensive war commendations while fighting wars in Playstations 1, 2, and 3 as well as X Box. This is his first real job and has been there for about 20 years as skilled as a well trained ninja in the arts of "How not to supervise" and "How to know nothing about your product and rise the ranks", remember, we are dealing with a honorary war hero. He won't speak to ANY customer UNLESS the President of Mitsubishi has been written a letter about the customers disatisfaction of there product, and that is the BEST way to get your t.v. replaced. After that was done, he will just assign the file to some advisor who already has 100+ files to work on in his 8 hour day, THEN will hound them until the issue is resolved and he will offer no support to the advisor. It is LITERALLY the deaf leading the blind. The corporate address is 9351 Jeronimo Rd., Irvine Ca., 92618, but let me tell you the highest person to speak to is Vigil White. His boss is Glen Yamashita, his DIRECT number is 1-949-465-6141. All these phone numbers will be helpful to you, ESPECIALLY Curtis Gentry techincal advisor who is the ONLY employee in consumer relations that half way understands how to trouble shoot the t.v.'s. If you need to complain about Vigil White, I STRONGLY advise you to call Glen Yamashita, and if you want your t.v. replaced, write the president of the company Yashi Moriyama. Good luck with your issues.

• Ga
      6th of Nov, 2009

I purchased a model WD-52327 in December of 2006. Recently I noticed five pairs of dotted lines running vertically and evenly spaced across the screen. I rferenced my owners manual and found a website that provided me with an authorized service provider that would come to my home and look at the tv. (Several I called advised me that I would need to load up the tv and bring it in.)

When I was told what the cost would be I declined to have it repaired (it cost me $105.93). I then contacted the customer relations advisor and was advised that the service provider I used was not on their list and that I would have to have a "current" provider diagnose the problem and submit a repair estimate. Once they received that they would determine the extent of their participation in the repairs.

I called the first service provider and they advised me that they no longer repaired TV's! I called the second provider and learned that I would have to bring the tv in and they would diagnose it. I called Customer Relations back and advised the person that I couldn't carry the tv down steps and load it in my vehicle. After some time they called back and agreed to have the service provider come to my home to get the tv and they would pay for this "service call".

The service provider then advised me that he would actually send the tv to another location (about 100 miles away) to have it diagnosed and by the time repairs would be made and the tv returned I could expect to be without it for approximatley 4 weeks!!!

I have put any further action to get the tv repaired, on hold until I could further explore whether or not I want to spend an unspecified amount of money on it. I am being told that Mitsubishi might pay for some or all of the parts or they may not; and they may pay for some labor...or not. They don't know what they will pay until they find out what is wrong.

The first service provider after viewing the tv advised that it was the "light engine". The second provider advised over the phone (after I described to him what the problem was) that it was the " light engine". How many people have to say the same thing before Mitsubishi accepts the source of my problem?

I feel like Mitsubishi is putting up as many "hoops" as possible to see how quickly I will give up and go away!!!

Oh, by the way, I am being told that labor and repairs could be in excess of $2000.00 and I paid less than that for the tv less than three years ago.

Where do I sign-up for the class action lawsuit?

Gary Eggert

• Je
      3rd of Dec, 2010

My Mitsubishi is a 73" dlp that is only 2 years old. When it was new the light engine had to be replaced which was covered under warranty. I purchased a 5 year extension warranty through a separate company. The TV died on Oct 31. Just shut off. After three weeks I was told the parts distributor was back ordered on the part. They said I had to wait as my comtract doesn't cover backordered parts. Well I spent two weeks with them about every 4 days and finally got the part number. I called Mitsubishi USA parts and found that they did in fact have the part. I spent more than $50 to buy a thermal coupler which I was told was bad. I got the part finally (TV out for over a month now) take it to the repair shop, they put it in and the set works for 15 minutes then shuts off again. I have no idea what they are going to do now but the repair shop said it needed another light engine. Hopefully the warrantly company will offer me a settlement and I will never buy a Mitsubishi again. This was my second. The first was a projection HD system and they had to replace the board at a cost to me of $500. Mitsubishi doesn't give a [censor], I plan on joining the class action law suit against them and maybe recover some money. I'm off next week to buy a 65" Panasonic plasma.

• Ra
      24th of Oct, 2011

In April 2009 we purchased an LCD Flat Panel HDTV 52 inch, just last week the left side became discolored I called Mitsubishi and they gave me 2 numbers of TV repair shops that I could call so that they could diagnose the problem BUT I had to pay them $80.00 the diagnoses was a panel is going out, panels the repairman said Mitsubishi knows are faulty! So I followed the process of faxing the diagnoses, proof of purchase etc. Mitsubishi called and said they would replace the panel which costs $1892 BUT again we have to pay $225 in labor and a $40 reroute fee SO they want us to spend $365.00 to pay for their faulty panel to be replaced!!! I think they should either replace the TV or give us approx $2200 (cost of panel and repair) to buy a new one!!! I suggest you really investigate this company before you buy their product!!