Microsoft Xbox Live / intrupted services.

TX, United States Review updated:
I have had x-box live for almost 3 years. I have been using the same debit card for both of my accounts. Every once in a while the card will quit working for my accounts and I will have to go on thier website and update my information (re-type it in) and they usually start working agian. About a week ago one of my accounts was suspened. I called xbox support and they told me that my bank was not letting them charge my account. The next day I called my bank and they said they had no reason as to why microsoft couldn't charge my account, infact, they were doing test charges on my account that were working (withdrawing $1 from the account and putting it back in). I called xbox support back and told them they were recieving the test charges and that there should be no problem withdrawing the money. The support people continued to say that they could not get the money out and that I should contact my bank again... well this went on for about 2 hours. Called my bank about 4 times and Xbox support around 6 times. Now my other account is having the same problem and there is nothing that the support peeps up in India can do to help me. I have gone through all of my information and matched it up perfectly with my bank and all Xbox support can say is that it's my banks fault. I wish they would quit reading from their books, giving me the same step by step process they do every phone call, and hire someone who can run that computer and get my accounts working. Oh, and get this. They asked if I had any funds in my account. I told them I had about $300 in there and they could have it if they get my accounts to work again. No luck...

You can E-mail me @ justinzane1987@yahoo

Comments

D9
  16th of Feb, 2009
Microsoft has used XBOX Live to perpetuate the most unethical bleeding of customers in ways that should be illegal. I ordered 12 months service on Dec 25 of 2007 paid by credit card and the account set to expire on Dec 25, 2008. One week before the expiration my son applied a thirteen month prepaid card to the account. A week later Microsoft automatically attempted to renew the original credit card again for another year. Earlier in the year, I canceled the credit card so the automatic renewal transaction failed. Even though there was a prepaid card credit on the account good for the next 13 months, they interrupted service and refused to turn the account on unless we paid another year by credit card. Their argument is that the credit card account renews unless we cancel it even though there was an existing credit on the account and that there is no way to fix it. Imagine that...the biggest manufacturer of hardware and software in the world. can control our xbox account remotely with the most sophisticated software yet they cannot seem to understand that a credit is a credit. The supervisor who I spoke with actually had the audacity to tell me that the money I spent for the prepaid card and the money that would come from the credit card were somehow actually not the same kind of money? So in the magical mystery world of Microsoft - (unlike my $100 dollar version of Quickbooks) they cannot actually administer an account or apply a credit or eliminate an incomplete transaction...but they can turn it back on in seconds with a credit card number. This is the kind of thing that is just bad business and stinks...and with things the way they are in the economy today...just un-American.
Ro
  18th of Jun, 2009
Hello, I am having the same problem, but do you know how long it took for them to put those $1 amounts back into your account?

If you read this anytime soon, Email me at, Bakaz_will_rule@hotmail.com