Microsoft, Xbox Live / automatic charge & difficulty getting credit card out of system

1 Redmond, WA, United States Review updated:

I decided to try xbox live for a month and entered my cc info into the system. Little did I know that they would automatically charge my cc each month. I called them up after three months of charges to find out how it worked. I told the lady that I wanted to make sure my cc wasn't charged anymore. I explained that I bought a 1 yr membership for my son for his birthday. She said she would make sure it wasn't charged anymore.

Apparently when you put your cc in the system and your subscription runs out it asks if you want to renew without making you enter credit card info again. So, my son renewed it for three months.

I called Microsoft xboxlive and was told that in order to get my cc out of the system that I would have to wait 2 to 5 days for someone from Microsoft to call me back and verify it. They also refused to credit my credit card even though it had only been a couple days. I was told that they could only refund the 1 yr subscriptions. I told them I would dispute it through my CC.

Is Microsoft so hard up that they have to revert to such tactics?

Comments

• Jd
      14th of Feb, 2009

They did the same to me and were happy, the Indians the hired for service to us (LoL), that were actually pleased that they could not refund my false postings to my credit card. My bank was well aware of this Microsoft indian game, and gladly credited the double posting amounts off of my credit charge. Americans are out of work, and Microsoft hires indians that are happy to screw us, while they are gainfully employed by Microsoft. Microsoft is going down the tubes with all I speak to, and I am in the software industry so I know. Good bye Microsoft, it won't be long before you are paid back for not caring about your customers. Regarding XBox Live, I will never go back and buy used disks at Game Stop stores and give money with great customer service, who hire Americans for jobs, and don't laugh when they go to screw their customer!