Microsoft, Xbox Live / automatic charge & difficulty getting credit card out of system
I decided to try xbox live for a month and entered my cc info into the system. Little did I know that they would automatically charge my cc each month. I called them up after three months of charges to find out how it worked. I told the lady that I wanted to make sure my cc wasn't charged anymore. I explained that I bought a 1 yr membership for my son for his birthday. She said she would make sure it wasn't charged anymore.
Apparently when you put your cc in the system and your subscription runs out it asks if you want to renew without making you enter credit card info again. So, my son renewed it for three months.
I called Microsoft xboxlive and was told that in order to get my cc out of the system that I would have to wait 2 to 5 days for someone from Microsoft to call me back and verify it. They also refused to credit my credit card even though it had only been a couple days. I was told that they could only refund the 1 yr subscriptions. I told them I would dispute it through my CC.
Is Microsoft so hard up that they have to revert to such tactics?
More Microsoft, Xbox Live Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - installing software on a new pc
- Microsoft Corporation - reset password for microsoft account 
- Microsoft Corporation - lack of customer support
- Microsoft Corporation - microsoft surface laptop 
- Microsoft Corporation - microsoft complete for laptops (2-year warranty service) - failure to perform