Microsoft Xbox 360 / hardware failure
Son bought Xbox360 on the first day available 11/05. It has had two hardware failures since then, both outside of 90 day warranty. Both times we have insisted that MS replace unit at no charge due to State of Maine law prohibiting limitation of implied warranty/merchantability for up to four years of coverage. Incidental and consequential damages are also NOT disallowed.
MS customer service is an oxymoron. They constantly try to get you to think there is nothing they can do and that you have not choice but to pay for all repair costs. Yet, I have them picking up my defective unit at their charge and have them replacing it with a new one. It DID take six phone calls and much time on phone on hold and non-English foreigners AND emailing the VP for MS Customer Service and Support.
PLEASE check you state's 'consumer protection' laws - either on web or by calling - because MOST states have laws on books giving you BETTER warranty than that stated in owner's manual. GET a copy of the law and BE persistent and UNWAVERING in your demands. The place where you purchased it is ALSO EQUALLY responsible to the buyer! Bring it back for a new/replacement unit and BRING THE LAW copy.
IF you had items delivered - they MUST pick up at their cost or repay you for shipping back (incidental and consequential damages/costs).
DO NOT EVER EVER EVER PAY FOR EXTENDED WARRANTY unless you already know what your state covers. These RIPOFFS are the biggest part of the store profits for a given item - check out www.consumerreports.com to check this out!
Got a defective Microsoft product and got a ### - call this guy:
GO GET 'EM!
More Microsoft Xbox 360 Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - microsoft tech support with windows 10.
- Microsoft Corporation - refund department for xbox product
- Microsoft Corporation - xbox one
- Microsoft Corporation - unethical behavior
- Microsoft Corporation - office 365