Microcenter.com / is everyone incompetent?
On February 11, I placed an order for a Toshiba laptop, model A355-s6925, and received an email confirmation that my order was due to ship on 02/14. Authorization was taken on my credit card and I thought everything was fine. On 2/14, I still had received no communication and the charge had dropped off my card. Their customer service hours are not convenient at all, being 10 am to 6 pm est on Saturdays and the customer service department is closed on Sundays. I live in the Pacific time zone, so there is a 3 hour time difference.
I waited until 2/16 to call and was informed that due to the amount of the purchase, the issuing bank for my card required a three way conference call to authorize charges. Supposedly a message was left on my cell phone on 02/15 that I never received. Being President's Day, there was some doubt that anyone would be reached at the bank. Somehow I was conferenced in and only had to confirm my address, which seems a little suspect, I never heard anyone other than the customer service rep. I was assured that the laptop would ship out 02/17.
I've called twice today and was assured that it would ship today and I would receive an email with a Fed Ex tracking number and have not received anything as of 9:15 pm my time. My card has not been charged. I am sick and tired of the so-called customer service department not knowing what is going on. I feel like when I call, the reps don't know, they are just guessing and I'm getting irate. I feel like I am being lied to and no one cares. I opted to buy my new computer through Microcenter because I had such great service at the brick and mortar store when I bought my last one. I am going to make one call tomorrow and if it hasn't been shipped out, I am cancelling the order and going through Costco. This is ridiculous, I am a store manager in retail optics and I would not treat a customer of mine like this and would not tolerate anyone on my team acting like this. I am severely disappointed and will never spend a dime online or in one of their stores ever again.
More Microcenter.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Micro Center - fraud and scam 
- Microcenter - beware of microcenter re-stocking fees
- Microcenter - order online pickup service badly broken 
- Micro Center - no service on extended warranty
- Micro Center - this is a scam by microcenter or its refurbishing center 
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - macbook pro
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - imac pro
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - laptop lcd screen replacement
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - micro center employees are holding onto all vega 64 video cards and buying them to resell online 
- [Resolved] Micro Center / Micro Electronics - no proactivity/bad customer service