Mfi Family Ancestry / Credit card fraud!

I would like to complaint about MFI family ancestry. (aka ancestry.com) Just today, I found out that my credit card account have a pending transaction (on 2/5/2008) which I never made from MFI family ancestry. I have no idea how can they even come up with my credit card number to make the transaction. The amount of $109.95 is pending on my account. My account's credit had be deducted for the amount even it's temporary. The bank cannot do anything unless they cancel the transaction I cannot believe that they can just run the credit card without the verification and ruin people's life. This is really a bad company in business.

Comments

• Fr
      11th of Feb, 2008

Anderson,

Like many internet sites, Ancestry.com has a free trial available. While the trial period is free, they generally ask for a credit card for verification and to begin billing you if you fail to cancel your account. There is nothing fraudulent about this and many, many, many other sites on the internet -as well as many other brick and mortar businesses - will begin billing after a trial period is expired. Be sure to always read the Signup pages carefully!

If you never gave them your credit card for a free trial then I would call your credit company because this is likely a case of theft. I don't think many large corporations are in the practice of randomly billing unknown credit cards and Ancestry.com seems to be fairly reputable. Someone may have stolen your credit # and billed it for themself!

• Be
      20th of Feb, 2008

Ancestry.com perperuates the worst in company mis conduct. They hide their continuous annual fees in the fine print; do not acknowledge legitimate cancellations of the charges; refuse to honestly discuss their misconduct; and in my latest confrontation, one of their representatives lied about making a refund.

When the disception was brought to their attention, the supervisor "excused the lie by stating that the representative did not have the authority to communicate the intended action nor make the refund. Indeed they never communciated any "mistake" and obviously continue to refuse refund the misappropriated charge and make no aplology for their action.

The representative even had the audacity to proclaim their unethical conduct is corporate policy.

These people are dangerous. Beware.

14th of Dec, 2013

As I stated on my complain...I don't even know what this company is until I check my bank statement. How did I use my credit card for verification at their site in the first place???