Mfi Ancestry / Ancestry.com charge after cancelation

United Kingdom Review updated:
Just received a statement from my husbands credit card company in which it shows a charge of £9.95 has been made to MFI Ancestry.

The only online ancestry company that I signed up to trial was Ancestry.com and this was cancelled before the end of the trial time (i.e.30th October) I received an e-mail from Ancestry.com confirming this has been cancelled and no charges would be made.

Who and where are MFI Ancestry.com and how can I contact them please.

margaret pottage

A  17th of Nov, 2006 by
After looking at all the other posts, I see that Tim Sullivan and the people of Ancestry.com make a ton of money sneaking our money out of our pockets. Every story sounds oddly familiar. As for me, I tried their free subscription in September 2004 and I cancelled in the appropriate time. In November 2004 I bought Family TreeMaker and installed it which gave me a free year “Trial” membership. In November 2005 I was charged 39.95 and 49.95 on my credit card with out my consent and apparently I did not catch the charges. Today, which is October 23, 2006, I received a telephone call asking if I wanted to renew my subscription. (yes, the subscription I didn’t realize I had). I was told I bought the subscription online but when I pressed for a receipt or something to show I actually did this I was told I signed up in November 2004 for a free year trial and so in November 2005 they automatically charged my card. I am appalled they are able to continue to do this over and over. They should at the very least have to notify the customer that they are charging them.
A  7th of Jan, 2007 by
MFI Ancestry have taken £69.50 out of my bank and incurred charges can anyone help me as i don't know how to contact them to retrieve money.
A  19th of Jan, 2007 by
My 90 year old father just discovered a $119.90 charge on his checking account. After doing some research, I found the charge was made by MFI Ancestry. He doesn't remember ever signing up for anything with MFI. My first question is how did they get his checking account number?

After searching the web, I discovered numerous complaints regarding MFI's billing practices. I agree with another complaint that MFI is nothing more than a shark trying to separate people from their money! What's worse is that trying to get this charge taken off my father's account is becoming darn near impossible.

Something needs to be done about this company. Anyone else have charges from MFI that they know nothing about?
N  20th of Oct, 2007 by
steeling money from my credit card do not know who they even are
A  11th of Jul, 2008 by
Is this one of the virus's that will ruin your computer?
N  14th of Sep, 2008 by
Ancestry.com continue to create problems! I had just tryed to cancel my FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION and the Ancestry.com Cancelation Page have a permanent ERROR (https://secure.ancestry.com/myaccount/cancelerror.aspx)!

Who can solve this OLD problem?

Ancestry Logo Ancestry